In This Article
- Directions for Every Room
- Vastu for Bedroom Tip #1: Direction of the Master Bedroom
- Vastu Sleeping Direction Tip #2: Bed Direction as per Vastu
- Bedroom Vastu Tip #3: Wardrobes and Almirahs
- Vastu Shastra for Bedroom Tip #4: Mirror Placement
- Vastu for Bedroom Tip #5: Electronic Gadgets and the TV
- Master Bedroom Vastu Tip #6: Dos and Don’ts for a Master Bedroom
- Vastu for Bedroom Tip #7: Designing a Kid’s Bedroom
- Vastu Tips for Bedroom #8: The Guest Bedroom
- For the Feng Shui Believers
- How Can Livspace Help You?
The bedroom is one of those spaces in a home where one expects to relax and get sound sleep after a long day at work. And vastu shastra — based on the flow of cosmic energy within a space to improve living conditions and promote harmony — can help in ensuring that this sanctuary is full of good vibes. If applied correctly, these vastu for bedroom tips can help you enhance the positive environment at home. Furthermore, colours play a major role in every bedroom. Keeping this in mind, and before we dive deeper into what’s necessary for a vastu-compliant bedroom, take a quick look at these 6 Vastu-Approved Bedroom Colours to help harness the right kind of energy.
Directions for Every Room
Master Bedroom: As per master bedroom vastu recommendations, this room should be in the south-west corner of the home
Kid’s Bedroom: The west-facing room should be the children’s room
Guest Bedroom: East-facing rooms should be guest rooms
Study Room: The south-east corner should be assigned for studying and working
Now that you are familiar with the vastu for bedroom directions, you can welcome home good vibes with these simple vastu tips for bedroom interiors.
Vastu for Bedroom Tip #1: Direction of the Master Bedroom
According to the vastu for bedroom, the ideal direction to build the master bedroom is the south-west corner of the home. Bedroom direction as per vastu says that you should never build the master bedroom in the north-east direction because it is reserved for the pooja room. Similarly, the south-east direction is not the ideal bedroom direction as per vastu as it is governed by Agni, leading to quarrels and misunderstandings between couples.
Coming to the entrance to the bedroom, the door should either be in the north, west or east side of the walls, as per the vastu for master bedroom. The door should never be on the south-side wall. Single doors are ideal for a bedroom.
Vastu Sleeping Direction Tip #2: Bed Direction as per Vastu
Never place the bed exactly opposite the door, according to bed direction as per vastu rules. The sleeping position as per vastu should be with your head towards the south or the east direction. This vastu sleeping direction will make sure that you get sound sleep and ensures a long life. There should not be any beam crossing over the bed. Also, apart from the bed position as per vastu, make sure the shape of your bed is regular. Avoid any irregular shapes. The bed direction as per vastu should not be towards the north as this can make you feel stressed.
Bedroom Vastu Tip #3: Wardrobes and Almirahs
Correct placement of furniture in the bedroom is essential to make you feel at home. Vastu for bedroom suggests that you should place heavy objects like cupboards and almirahs in the south, south-west or west directions. As per vastu tips for bedroom, try placing the safe towards the south wall and make sure it opens towards the north. This will prove to be very auspicious, as per the vastu for bedroom interiors. You can also place wardrobes in the north-west direction. These directions increase the flow of positive energy.
Keep in mind that one should not place mirrors on the doors of a wardrobe or almirah as it may reflect negative energy, according to the vastu for bedroom. However, you can have them in the case of a compact bedroom; just make sure the bed direction as per vastu is in such a way that the mirror doesn’t reflect it, as this might bring bad luck to the person using the room.
Vastu Shastra for Bedroom Tip #4: Mirror Placement
Mirrors play an important role in the master bedroom as per vastu guide. A dressing table placed next to the bed is auspicious as it guarantees that the mirror will not reflect your body when you are sleeping. The mirror should be placed four to five feet above the ground, according to the vastu for master bedroom. Another thing to keep in mind in this vastu for bedroom list is that no two mirrors should be placed opposite each other as they can attract negative energies.
Vastu for Bedroom Tip #5: Electronic Gadgets and the TV
It is best to avoid televisions and appliances as per the vastu for bedroom recommendation, since these tend to send out energies that can disturb your sleep. But, if you cannot avoid having a TV in your room, make sure that they occupy the south-east direction, not near the vastu sleeping direction.
Master Bedroom Vastu Tip #6: Dos and Don’ts for a Master Bedroom
- Just like a door to opportunities, the door to your bedroom should open at 90 degrees, as per the vastu for bedroom and it should not make any creaky sounds and opens smoothly
- According to vastu, the colours that are suitable for the bedroom are light rose, grey, blue and green
- The first thing in your line of sight should be a pleasant object, like a family portrait or flowers that enhance positive vibes
- The bed position as per vastu should not be right across the bathroom and it is important to keep the bathroom door shut at all times
- Avoid having bedrooms in the centre of the house
- Ensure you do not place a mirror exactly opposite the bed; this can cause health problems
Vastu for Bedroom Tip #7: Designing a Kid’s Bedroom
Bedroom vastu for the kid’s room is oftentimes disregarded. This room is equally, if not more, important than the other rooms in order to foster a loving and nurturing environment for a child. These tips will help your child to attract good dreams and more:
The Direction of a Kid’s Bedroom and Furniture
The children’s room should be in the west direction while the door should be east- facing. Furthermore, the sleeping direction as per vastu should be towards the west or south-west corner of the room to bring in good health and fortune. The study desk should face the west or south-west directions while the bookshelf is placed in the north-west direction.
Green, light blue, purple and yellow are ideal colours for a kid’s bedroom. Bright colours add positivity and encourage children to be active. These colours enhance cognitive abilities like concentration and attention.
Materials to use in a Kid’s Bedroom
A kid’s room should be made of natural materials such as wood, according to the vastu for bedroom. All furniture must be light coloured. Try to avoid metal-frame beds and furniture since these could attract negative vibes and disrupt vastu.
Mistakes to Avoid
- Do not place mirrors in front of the bed as they can be the reason for nightmares
- Avoid dark colour furniture, wallpaper or paint
- Keep electronics at a minimum as they emit harmful radiation and induce stress
- Get rid of creaking and damaged furniture immediately
Vastu Tips for Bedroom #8: The Guest Bedroom
Guest bedrooms should be vastu-compliant as well. Because this room accommodates guests, a correct vastu arrangement will avoid any negative energy and ensure that the room brims with positivity.
The ideal location for a guest room is the north-west. Avoid the south-west direction as it is meant for the owner of the house or the head of the family. The sleeping position as per vastu should be towards the south or west part of the room. The south is the ideal sleeping direction, i.e., the head should be towards the south. Ensure that there is no beam running over the bed.
Finally, all the electronic items such as television should go on the south-eastern wall of the room.
For the Feng Shui Believers
Don’t worry, believers of Feng Shui, we have got you covered too. Here are some basic tips to feng shui your bedroom:
- The best colours for a bedroom depends on its purpose. Choose earthy and neutral colours for relaxation and support and blues and greens for healing and energy
- Your bed should be in the centre of the room and not directly in line with the door
- For stability, the head of the bed should be against the wall, leaving the other three sides free. You can place nightstands on either side of the bed for symmetry
- Avoid storing things under the bed. Feng Shui says that the things kept under your bed can create subconscious blocks in your life
- Opt for dim lighting as it will help you relax
- Avoid electronics and gadgets in the bedroom as it causes distractions
You can learn more about feng shui and how it is different from vastu shastra here: What is the Difference Between Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui?
Follow the simple rules of vastu shastra and you will never face problems at home. Keeping the above tips in mind can go a long way in promoting a harmonious relationship among members of the family.
Do you share a bedroom with your partner? Learn How to Fix the Vastu of Your Bedroom to Keep Peace and Romance Alive
How Can Livspace Help You?
We hope you found our ideas useful! If you want beautiful interiors for your home, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today.
Wondering how our customers feel about working with Livspace? You can check out the Livspace reviews here!
Leave your suggestions and comments here at firstname.lastname@example.org