In This Article
- Best Directions for All Bedrooms As per Vastu
- #1: The Direction of the Master Bedroom As per Vastu
- #2: The Direction of the Bed As per Vastu
- #3: Bedroom Vastu for Wardrobes
- #4: The Mirror Placement in Your Bedroom As per Vastu
- #5: Bedroom Vastu for Electronic Gadgets and the TV
- #6: Other Dos and Don’ts for a Master Bedroom
- #7: Vastu for Kids’ Bedrooms
- #8: Vastu for the Guest Bedroom
- #9: Bedroom Vastu for Couples
- #10: Sleeping Direction As per Vastu
- #11: Best Colours As per Vastu Shastra for Bedroom
- #12: Ways to Correct Your Bedroom Vastu Flaws
- Bedroom Ideas for the Feng Shui Believers
- How Can Livspace Help You?
Your bedroom is that one space where you expect to relax and get sound sleep after a long day at work. And Vastu Shastra can help in ensuring that your sanctuary is full of good vibes.
Vastu consists of methods that control the flow of cosmic energy within a space to improve living conditions and promote harmony. If applied correctly, these bedroom vastu tips can help you enhance the positive environment at home. Let’s take a look at these essential vastu tips for bedrooms because as Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart once said – sweet dreams are made of this!
Best Directions for All Bedrooms As per Vastu
Master Bedroom Vastu: The best position of your master bedroom, as per vastu, is the south-west corner of your home
Kid’s Bedroom Vastu: The rooms located in the proper western side of your home can be the children’s room
Guest Bedroom Vastu: Any rooms in the eastern corner of your home can be guest rooms
Study Room Vastu: The south-east corner of your home can be assigned for studying and working
Now that you are familiar with what Vastu Shastra says for bedroom directions, you can welcome home good vibes with these simple vastu tips for bedroom interiors.
#1: The Direction of the Master Bedroom As per Vastu
According to the vastu for master bedroom, the ideal position of this room is the south-west corner of the home.
In other words, the north-east direction, as per vastu, is not an ideal direction for your master bedroom but can be reserved for the pooja room. Similarly, the south-east is also a bad direction for the master bedroom as per vastu because it is governed by Agni, which can lead to quarrels and misunderstandings between couples.
When it comes to deciding the direction of the entrance of your master bedroom as per vastu, the door should either be in the north, west or east side of the room. The door should never be on the south-side wall, and single doors are ideal for a bedroom.
#2: The Direction of the Bed As per Vastu
Vastu Shastra for bedroom discourages placing the bed exactly opposite to the door. Additionally, you must also take care that no beam is crossing over the bed.
Also, apart from taking care of the direction of the bed as per vastu, make sure the shape of your bed is regular. You must also keep in mind that your bed doesn’t face the north. This means that your head shouldn’t be in the north direction, as this can make you feel stressed.
#3: Bedroom Vastu for Wardrobes
As per Vastu Shastra, the correct placement of furniture in a bedroom is essential to make you feel at home. Hence, the right wardrobe vastu for bedroom suggests that you should place heavy objects like cupboards and almirahs in the south, south-west or west directions. Alternatively, you can also place wardrobes in the north-west direction. These directions increase the flow of positive energy.
Another fruitful tip, as per vastu, is to place the safe along the south wall so that it opens towards the north of the bedroom. Also keep in mind that one should not place mirrors on the doors of a wardrobe because, as per vastu, it may reflect negative energy in your bedroom. However, in the case of a compact bedroom, you may place the mirror on the wardrobe but just make sure that it doesn’t reflect your bed.
#4: The Mirror Placement in Your Bedroom As per Vastu
Mirrors play an important role according to master bedroom as per vastu guidelines. A dressing table placed next to the bed is auspicious as it guarantees that the mirror will not reflect your body when you are sleeping. As per Vastu Shastra, a mirror placed opposite to the bed can bring bad luck to the person using the bedroom.
Moreover, according to the vastu for master bedroom, the mirror should be placed 4 to 5 ft. above the ground. Also, note that no two mirrors should be placed opposite each other, as they can attract negative energies.
#5: Bedroom Vastu for Electronic Gadgets and the TV
It is best to avoid keeping televisions and appliances in your bedroom as per vastu rules, as these tend to send out energies that can disturb your sleep. But, if you cannot avoid having a TV in your room, make sure that they occupy the south-east direction. Basically, they should not be near the vastu sleeping direction.
#6: Other Dos and Don’ts for a Master Bedroom
- As per the bedroom vastu, the door to your bedroom should open at 90 degrees, and it should open smoothly without making any creaky sounds (just like a door to opportunities)
- The first thing in your line of sight should be a pleasant object, like a family portrait or a bunch of flowers that enhance positive vibes
- The bed’s position as per vastu should not be right across the bathroom, and it is important to keep the bathroom door shut at all times
- Avoid having bedrooms in the centre of the house
#7: Vastu for Kids’ Bedrooms
Bedroom vastu for the kid’s room is often disregarded. This room is equally, if not more, important than the other rooms as it helps foster a loving and nurturing environment for a child. The following tips will help your child to attract good dreams and more:
1. The Direction of Kids’ Bedrooms and Furniture
The children’s room should be in the western part, while the door should face the east. Furthermore, one’s sleeping direction, as per vastu, should be towards the west or south-west corner of the room to bring in good health and fortune. The study desk should face the west or south-west directions, while the bookshelf should be placed in the north-west direction.
2. Vastu-Compliant Colours
Green, light blue, purple and yellow are ideal colours for a kid’s bedroom. Bright colours add positivity and encourage children to be active. These colours enhance cognitive abilities like concentration and attention.
3. Materials to Use in Kids’ Bedrooms
A kid’s room should be made of natural materials such as wood, according to bedroom vastu guidelines. All furniture must be light coloured. Try to avoid metal-frame beds and furniture since these could attract negative vibes and disrupt ideal vastu alignment.
4. Mistakes to Avoid
- Do not place mirrors in front of the bed as they can be the reason for nightmares
- Avoid dark colour furniture, wallpaper or paint
- Keep electronics at a minimum as they emit harmful radiation and induce stress
- Get rid of creaking and damaged furniture immediately
#8: Vastu for the Guest Bedroom
Guest bedrooms should be vastu-compliant as well. A correct vastu arrangement will avoid any negative energy and ensure that the room brims with positivity.
The ideal location for a guest room is to the north-west. Avoid the south-west direction as it is meant for the owner of the house or the head of the family. The sleeping position, as per vastu, should be towards the south or west part of the room. The south is the ideal sleeping direction because then your head’s direction is in the south. Ensure that there is no beam running over the bed.
Finally, all the electronic items such as television should go on the south-eastern wall of the room.
#9: Bedroom Vastu for Couples
According to Vastu Shastra, young couples are advised to place their beds in the north-west portion, but away from the corner as it can obstruct the flow of energy. Additionally, keep the north-eastern corner clean and organised, place your decor items (animal portraits or statues) in pairs and avoid marble flooring.
Also Read: How to Fix the Vastu of Your Bedroom to Keep Peace and Romance Alive
#10: Sleeping Direction As per Vastu
The sleeping position as per vastu should be with your head towards the south or the east direction. This vastu sleeping direction will make sure that you get sound sleep and ensure a long life. However, it should never be in the north as that can add stress to your life. On the other hand, sleeping with your head in the west can increase your wealth and improve your reputation.
#11: Best Colours As per Vastu Shastra for Bedroom
The colours that are suitable for a bedroom are light rose, grey, blue and green. You can also go for brown, cream or yellow which are believed to induce happiness. While blue helps in bringing calmness to your space, green is the colour for healing and growth.
In any case, avoid dark colours not only for walls but also for your sheets and curtains, as they can cause problems to your health.
Also Read: 10+ Vastu Colours for Bedrooms That Improve the Energy in Your Room
#12: Ways to Correct Your Bedroom Vastu Flaws
To cancel out any negative effects from wrong elements in your bedroom, it is better to seek an expert’s help. But generally, you can place a bowl of camphor or sea salt in the north-eastern part of your room. Additionally, even lavender essence can help absorb any negative energies and cancel out vastu doshas that may be present in your room.
Bedroom Ideas for the Feng Shui Believers
Don’t worry, believers of Feng Shui, we have got you covered too! Here are some basic tips to Feng Shui your bedroom:
- The best colours for a bedroom depends on its purpose. Choose earthy and neutral colours for relaxation and support. You can also opt for blues and greens for healing and energy
- Your bed should be in the centre of the room and not directly in line with the door
- For stability, the head of the bed should be against the wall, leaving the other three sides free. You can place nightstands on either side of the bed for symmetry
- Avoid storing things under the bed. Feng Shui says that the things kept under your bed can create subconscious blocks in your life
- Opt for dim lighting as it will help you relax
- Avoid electronics and gadgets in the bedroom as it causes distractions
You can learn more about Feng Shui and how it is different from Vastu Shastra here: What is the difference between Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui?
Follow these simple rules of Vastu Shastra and you will never face problems at home. Keeping the above tips in mind can go a long way in promoting a harmonious relationship among members of the family.
Do you share a bedroom with your partner? Learn how to fix the vastu of your bedroom to keep peace and romance alive.
How Can Livspace Help You?
We hope you found our ideas useful! If you want beautiful interiors for your home, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today.
Wondering how our customers feel about working with Livspace? You can check out the Livspace reviews here!
Leave your suggestions and comments here at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Can a Bedroom Be in the North-East Corner?
It is best to build a study room in the north-east corner of your home.
2. Where Should the Master Bedroom Be As per Vastu?
The master bedroom should be in the south-west corner of your house and must open to the north, west or east side.
3. Which Direction Is Best for Bedroom As per Vastu?
The master bedroom must be in the south-west corner of the home, the kids’ room in the west and the guest room in the east.