Care instructions for your Livspace home
All furniture & products
- Always maintain your furniture and products in dry condition.
- Any hardware or hinges can be dusted with a soft brush.
- Avoid acidic, abrasive and corrosive cleaning products.
- Avoid outdoor use and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and moisture to prevent fading and damage to the upholstery, solid wood or engineered wood furniture.
- Do not try to remove or detach fixed furniture products from their designated areas.
- Do not use chemical products for cleaning furniture used by kids or infants.
- Modifying the product beyond its intended use or standard specification is not advisable and will void warranty.
- Retouching of any kind, such as use of polish or paint products on the product is not recommended and will void warranty.
- Regularly dust your furniture.
- Periodic professional cleaning is recommended.
Upholstered furniture & products
- Dust using a soft brush or vacuum regularly using the upholstery attachment.
- Flip, rotate and fluff cushions and pillows on a regular basis to allow even distribution of wear.
- For durability and protection against stains, use a fabric and upholstery protector.
- For regular maintenance or in case of any stains/ spillage, use a mild fabric cleaner. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area first. Do not apply cleaner directly onto upholstery.
- Keep sharp objects away that can potentially damage the upholstery.
Solid wood furniture & products
- Air and sunlight may change the color of natural wood. Occasionally rotate the items placed on your solid wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop.
- For cleaning wooden surfaces, lightly wet a soft cloth, rub gently and wipe dry.
- In case of stains/ spillage on the wooden surfaces, gently rub the area with a solution of water and a mild cleaning agent. Wipe dry immediately. Avoid ammonia and alcohol-based cleaning products.
- Protect your solid wood furniture from spillages or heat by using coasters and trivets. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- We take strict precautions to make sure the wood is duly sealed. However, wood may nominally expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes.
Engineered wood furniture & products
- Do not place anything hot, cold or wet directly on engineered wood surface.
- Use of mats and coasters is highly recommended.
- Please use a damp cloth for cleaning. Wipe dry immediately.
- For cleaning metallic surfaces, use a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately.
- To renew the metallic shine, gently polish with oil. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area first.
Space-saving furniture & products
- Drilling holes or screwing any add-on parts to the product may damage the product. Such modifications will void warranty.
- Kids below 10 years old should NOT be allowed to handle/ operate the space-saving product as it might be dangerous.
- Prior to using the product, we advise clearing the floor area. Gently guide the product to the floor while opening. Please ensure the legs are placed properly on the floor before taking your hands off.
- Use caution while opening space-saving beds and removing mattress from the mattress box.
- Please do not walk/ stand on the mattress box without a mattress.
- Use the product within the recommended weight capacity.
Modular kitchens, wardrobes & storage
- Always wipe moisture promptly and dry with a clean, soft cloth. Excess water or wet utensils may leave stains and can also cause the wood to swell or warp.
- Avoid outdoor use and keep away from direct sunlight.
- Exposing the furniture to intense heat, from hot food or coffee cups, could damage the finish. Coasters and mats should be used to keep any hot objects on wooden furniture.
- Avoid dragging any sharp objects on the wooden surface to prevent scratches and other damages.
- In case of stains, gently clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. Avoid ammonia and alcohol-based cleaning products.
- Clean the stove and burner daily, so that the food particles don’t stick to it.
- If there is a steel sink in the modular kitchen, clean the sink with soft nylon scrubbing pad so that the steel doesn't get scratched.
- Do not use any cleaning product containing chloride. Use cold water or mild detergents, if required.
- Get your chimney serviced by the manufacturer/ brand every 6 months for optimum functionality.
- Clean the entire refrigerator once a week with soapy water.
- Avoid using strong chemicals on hardware, hinges and handles. Clean with a soft cloth/ brush or if required, use a mild glass cleaner.
- For cleaning metallic surfaces, if any, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. To renew shine, gently polish with oil. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area before use.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and water to maintain the shine of stainless steel kitchen appliances or tiles.
- Avoid acidic, abrasive and corrosive cleaning products of all kinds.
- For retouching of any kind, do not use polish or paint products on your own. We recommend using professional services. However, retouching of any kind will automatically void warranty.
- While operating the shutters, do not lean or put any weight on the shutters.
- Do not use petroleum-based chemicals for cleaning acrylic or membrane surfaces.
- Do not clean the kitchen floor or sink with hydrochloric acid as the acid fumes will cause the coating on the SS hardware and hinges to rust.
- Avoid alkaline water as it has high pH which can cause marks and stains on stainless steel surfaces.
- Please do not put excess weight in your cabinets, shelves and drawers, than the recommended load capacity.
- Do not allow kids to play with the shutters/ doors.
For more instructions on maintaining your Livspace home furniture and products, please refer to the care guide shared by the manufacturer/brand.