Why should Livspace design my home?
Livspace has redefined interior design through an end-to-end home interiors service that’s powered by cutting-edge technology. Our marketplace brings you the expertise of some of India’s best designers, service partners, a vast catalog of furniture and decor, reliable warranties and professional installation — online — making furnishing your dream home personal and easy.
How is Livspace different from contractors/ individual designers/ studios?
Livspace is a marketplace that brings you an online home design experience through cutting-edge technology. If you were to design your home interiors through a contractor/ individual designer/ studio, it would essentially mean extensive amounts of research, choosing materials, finishes and colors, sourcing furniture, coordinating with painters, carpenters, and hoards of labor. With Livspace, we give you everything you’ll ever need — from top designers, expert installation partners, designer furniture, products, reliable warranties and much more.
Which are the cities Livspace currently operates in?
Livspace is currently operational in Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
What kind of spaces does Livspace design?
Livspace offers complete interiors for all residential homes, be it small or big, apartments or individual homes or villas. To book us for your home interiors, fill up the form here.
What is full home design?
In design parlance, when we use the term “full home design”, we’re referring to designing interiors for the entire home, i.e, kitchen, bedrooms, living, dining and any other spaces in your home.
Can I get just a part of my home designed?
In most cases, yes, Livspace can work with you to design a part of your home, be it just your modular kitchen or your living room. However, we suggest a consultation with a designer to get a definite answer, based on your unique scope of work.
I live outside India but, I own a property in India. Can Livspace help design my home?
Yes, of course! Your Livspace designer is trained to manage consultations via email/ chat/ video. With our proprietary online tools, you can track the progress of your home design from literally anywhere around the world!
Who will work on my Livspace home project?
Livspace is proud of its diverse and strong community of top design and service partners, who will design, deliver and install your home. When you book us, you’ll be matched with a design partner who will be your single point of contact through your design journey. Your designer will subsequently help select a suitable service partner for your home interiors project.
What kind of designers work with Livspace?
Our community of interior designers is the very best the industry has to offer, handpicked and vetted to design beautiful, functional homes that are personalised to your requirements, lifestyle and needs.
Can I choose or change the interior designer for my project?
Our highly evolved algorithm matches your unique needs and preferences to a suitable Livspace designer. We understand choosing a designer requires a lot of research, assessment, and vetting. Livspace does all of that for you so you can just relax and focus on getting your dream home designed. To speak to a designer, click here.
In the rare case that you wish to change your designer, please speak to the community manager of your project to understand its feasibility.
Does Livspace undertake civil work?
Livspace offers end-to-end home interiors, which includes civil work by our trusted and professional service partners. To know more, please discuss the scope of your requirements with one of our designers. To get started, fill up the form here.
Who will undertake the installation of my home interiors?
Our trusted community of service partners is audited on 34 stringent parameters, including quality, adherence to timelines, costing, craftsmanship etc. Our partners are handpicked from over thousands of small and big contractors/ vendors in every city we operate in.
Do I require a Livspace account and how do I create it?
Creating an online Livspace account, albeit not crucial, will prove quite helpful throughout your home design project. You can save designs from our website, track your project progression and do a lot more using it. To create your account, simply sign up here.
How do I schedule my first design consultation?
It’s easy! Just fill up the form here. One of our designers will get in touch with you to schedule your first consultation.
I’ve submitted the online consultation form. When will I get a call from a Livspace designer?
Congratulations, you’ve just taken a big step to living in your dream home! Now that you have filled up the form, our designer will reach out to you within a couple of working days.
What is Livspace Design Center?
A Livspace Design Center is a home, inside a store. Walk into a Design Center to see your future home interiors — touch, feel and even sit on our curated designs. You can meet a designer who will walk you through our living room, bedroom and dining room designs, take you through a virtual reality spin of our pre-loaded home interior designs via a VR headset, and show you our material library display that house over 10,000 colors and finishes. Visit a Livspace Design Center near you.
What are your Design Center timings?
Our Design Centers are open Tuesday to Sunday from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. To visit us, find a Design Center near you.
Can I just walk into your Design Center? Do I need an appointment?
You don’t need an appointment to visit Livspace Design Centers. You just have to walk in, touch and feel our designs, and explore our vast library of materials and finishes. To visit us, find a Design Center near you.
Can I see sample materials, finishes, color palettes before I make a booking?
Yes, definitely. Our Design Centers are equipped with a wide range of designs, and a vast library of materials and finishes to help you understand how Livspace can transform your home interiors, and make an informed decision of booking us.
How much time will it take to design my home?
Your Livspace designer will work at a pace suited best for you and your home. Design time can depend on a lot of factors; choosing the products and finishes, number of iterations, your availability, response time, etc. At Livspace, we give you the freedom to share feedback and iterate designs several times. Invariably, it can impact the overall duration of your project. Hence, to get your final designs faster, while your designer would do their best, we would also request for your continued support.
In our experience, finalizing all designs for a full home could roughly take anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks. However, this is only indicative and varies from project to project.
How much time will it take to install my home interiors?
At Livspace, we take pride in adhering to our promised timelines. Once your design is finalised and moved to the execution stage, your designer will share a detailed schedule of the installation timeline.
In our experience, installing your home interiors could roughly take anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks. However, this is only indicative and varies from project to project.
If I have any queries/ concerns, who do I get in touch with?
Designing my dream home
What do I need to start my project?
For the first design consultation, we suggest you carry your floor plan, any inspiration, and be prepared to discuss your requirements, your lifestyle and personality in detail with your designer. We also suggest you go through our vast repository of Livspace looks and heart the designs you like, so that your designer understands what your preferences are.
What should I expect from my design consultation?
You’ll be meeting your Livspace designer in person at one of our Design Centers or via video/ phone call if you live outside one of our operational cities. You’ll be discussing your home needs, design goals, and ways to improve and utilize the space. After the consultation, your designer will share a personalised design proposal with estimated cost. To know more, read our article here.
What is a design concept/ proposal and what will be included in it?
Your Livspace designer will put together reference designs, color palettes and moodboards so that you can glimpse what your home could look like. Along with the design concept, a tentative BoQ (bill of quantities) with furniture, products and home service costings will be shared.
Please note: The cost reflected in the proposal is not the final bill value. It’s only a tentative estimate and will vary based on the final design.
What is a BoQ?
A BOQ is a bill of quantities (BOQ), which is an itemised sheet of all products, furniture, services and their costs.
Where does Livspace source furniture and products from?
We’ve curated an extensive catalogue where you can find anything and everything for your home project — from sofas, beds, chairs, tables, lighting, appliances to kitchens, wardrobes, storage units — in every shape, color and finish you can imagine! We offer our in-house Livspace branded products as well as some of the best-in-category brands from India and abroad such as Gulmohar Lane, Rug Republic, Hettich, Hafele, etc.
How many design iterations can I request?
There’s no limit to the number of iterations you can request. However, we recommend keeping iterations to a minimum of three or four because each revision will affect projected timelines.
Please note: Iterations are only allowed during the design phase. Once design is finalised, design iterations will mean changes to your final order value and/ or cancelling already placed orders, which may not be possible.
Will I get to see samples and designs before I place the order?
Definitely! Your Livspace designer will give you an exclusive walkthrough of our Design Center where you can touch and feel designs and explore our collection of thousands of finishes and materials for your home interiors.
A furniture item/ product from my BoQ is now out of stock. What do I do?
Don’t worry! Our vast catalogue is designed in a way that you’ll never run out of beautiful furniture and products to choose from. Please talk to your designer to select an alternate product.
Managing my home project
Who will manage my project?
Your Livspace designer will be the single point of contact and will manage your project, from start to finish.
Will I need to manage the Livspace service partner?
No. You wouldn’t need to. In fact, with Livspace your involvement during execution is nil. Your designer will do all the managing for you.
How do I receive updates on my home project?
Livspace ensures complete transparency when you design with us. When your site execution begins, your designer will share a detailed timeline and schedule and will regularly keep you updated on the progress via emails, calls, site meetings and through your Livspace account.
Do I have to regularly visit the site?
Not necessarily! Your Livspace designer will visit your site at regular intervals to monitor work. Your designer will also schedule site visits with you to discuss any concerns.
Who will be supervising the site work everyday?
On a day-to-day basis, our service partner or their workers will be present on-site to handle and supervise the execution work of your home project.
Can I stay in the house if my home is getting renovated?
We highly recommend speaking to your designer about the feasibility of staying in the home while it’s being renovated.
My project is taking longer than expected! What do I do?
Extended timelines can be due to a lot of factors such as design iterations. We suggest you speak to your Livspace designer to resolve your concerns.
I have concerns about my ongoing project. Who do I get in touch with?
You can raise a red flag regarding your designer, your service partner and/or on any other project-related complaints and escalate unresolved issues.
|1st point of contact||Step 1 escalation||Step 2 escalation||Step 3 escalation|
|Your Livspace Design Partner||Community Manager||General Manager||Customer Experience Team|
Delivery and installation
Who will be installing my home interiors?
Your on-site execution will be handled by expert service partners, trusted and handpicked from over thousands of service providers and contractors in your city, to give you a superlative home design experience. All Livspace branded products are manufactured at our state-of-the-art factories, partner brands handle their own manufacturing, and customised products are handled by service partners, and then duly delivered and installed.
Who are service partners?
Livspace service partners are trusted professionals, chosen from thousands of service providers and contractors in your city. Our service partners undergo stringent verification on 34 parameters, including quality, timelines, pricing and workmanship.
What are the parameters on which Livspace vets service partners?
We use over 34 parameters like pricing, craftsmanship, adherence to timelines, labor management, site preservation etc ensure your home interiors is in the best hands. Our regular audits weed out any non-performing service partners and blacklist them.
At what point during the project, do I choose a Service Partner?
Once your final designs are ready, your designer will reach out to a select number of service partners for quotations. Your designer, in consultation with you, will choose the best suited service partner for your home interiors.
Can I select the Service partner for my project?
Our algorithm matches you with a select number of Service Partners based on your scope, budget, projected timelines and partner ratings. It is ideal and easier for your designer to make a choice on your behalf as they have prior experience working with our Service Partners. Since we invite quotes from several partners, the best price and quality is ensured for your home interiors. Although if you’d like to be involved in the selection process, please speak to your designer to know how.
How many quotes will I receive from Service Partners?
Typically, a designer can find the best service partner for your home interiors with only two to four quotations. As all our service partners are already vetted, Livspace eliminates the need for dozens of quotations, saving you a lot of time. However, we would be happy to share more quotes if you’re unsatisfied. But more quotations only means more negotiations, which would impact your overall project timelines.
The quotes shared by Service Partners are higher than I expected. Can I request for more quotes that fit my budget?
Yes, you can. Your designer will reach out to more service partners and request for quotes within your budget. Please speak to your Livspace designer to know how.
Can I bring my own contractor to execute the design?
No. But you needn’t worry! Our service partners undergo stringent audits before they are invited onboard the Livspace marketplace. In each city, we work with over 200 partners.
Will the chosen Service Partner offer everything that I require for my home project?
Your service partner is chosen based on your project scope. The prime consideration, apart from cost, would be, if the service partner can execute all on-site services in your design. However, niche services like home automation would require a field expert, and therefore the requirement to add another service partner to your execution.
How soon can I expect work to begin?
Your service partner will begin work as soon as we confirm the receipt of your order confirmation payment.
Will Livspace service partners affect promised timelines?
We take pride in adhering to our promised timelines. Your designer will not only assist you in choosing the right service partner based on your scope and timelines, but will also ensure adherence to mutually agreed milestones and timelines. However, please note that these timelines may be affected due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances, which will be duly communicated to you by your designer.
Who will be my go-to person during installation of the project?
At any point during the project, from design to installation, your Livspace designer will remain your go-to person. Please speak to your designer for any queries, concerns or clarifications.
Who will audit the quality of the project?
A dedicated team at Livspace is tasked with regularly auditing the quality of your site — to ensure smooth installation of your home project. Our audit team troubleshoots and weeds out any non-performing service partners and blacklist them. Apart from this, your designer will also be closely monitoring your project progression, quality of site work and will keep you abreast.
Are Livspace services chargeable?
Yes, all Livspace services are chargeable. Based on the design, scope and expertise required, the cost will vary. However, all service costs will be included in your final bill of quantities (BOQ), which is an itemised sheet of all products, furniture and services, before you confirm your order.
Are Livspace services inclusive of taxes?
Yes, all prices indicated in your BOQ are inclusive of taxes.
Why is there an expiry date attached to the quote?
Livspace is a marketplace, and therefore we cannot exert any price control for services, materials or labour cost rendered by third parties. All prices are subject to change — except during the validity of the quote — because of market fluctuations.
Will I receive a separate invoice from the Livspace service partner?
Yes. Livspace is a marketplace and therefore cannot issue an invoice on behalf of services rendered by third parties. All invoices for the products and services catered to, by registered service partners shall be issued by them, except for design and handling fees.
Do the service partners offer a separate guarantee/ warranty?
Yes, some of our service partners do offer a separate guarantee. However, Livspace is a marketplace and guarantees and warranties, if any, are directly provided by service partners for products and services offered by them. Livspace only acts as a facilitator, to ensure our partners honour their commitment/ guarantee/ warranty.
How much damage does the insurance cover protect?*
We ensure that all services provided by our service partners meet the highest quality standards. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances contributing to some damage at your residence, Livspace pays for an insurance cover against damages of ₹10 lacs or your project value, whichever is lower.
Will I get a refund if I’m unhappy with the quality of work by the Service Partner?
Once your order is placed, refunds and cancellations will not be entertained. However, if you’re unhappy with the quality of work of your service partner, we will offer to replace your service partner. Please contact your Livspace designer or Community Manager to know more.
Are Livspace services available separately, on demand?
No, Livspace services are not offered separately or on demand. Our service partners are offered only when you book Livspace to design your home.
Paying for my home interiors
How much would the entire design service for my home project cost?
After the initial free design consultation, your designer will share a design proposal with an estimated cost. Once you book us, this quotation will vary based on actual design choices and material selection.
Do you charge for site visits?
While your Livspace designer will never charge you for site visits the number of site visits is limited. Please speak to your designer to know more.
What is covered under the final project cost?
The final project cost of your Livspace home interiors includes everything — furniture and products, design and management fee, charges for services, delivery and installation, and taxes.
What is design & management fee?
Livspace believes in complete transparency, which is why we disclose actual product and service costs to you with no hidden costs for design and project management. Therefore, we charge a flat 8% of your project value to compensate for your designer’s time spent on design and project management.
Why is the final quotation different from the initial quotation?
The initial quotation from your Livspace designer is a ballpark figure to give you an idea of how much it might cost to design the interiors of your home. As you start deciding on designs, materials, furniture and products, this quotation may change (higher or lower than initial estimations) depending on your choices.
Does the pricing of the furniture and products change over time?
Yes, the pricing of our furniture and products may vary over time. Your final quotation will have an expiry date for the price of the products and services offered. Livspace is a marketplace, and therefore cannot exert price control on its partners, except during the validity of the quote.
Why don’t you charge according to the square footage of my home?
The square footage of your home can never dictate the design and cost of your interiors. For instance, we’ve had projects where a bare minimum 3BHK’s interiors would cost lesser than intricate interiors for a 1BHK project. What this essentially means is, our transparent pricing ensure you’re charged based on the designs, furniture and products you choose and not on the mere square footage.
Do I have to pay my design partner and service partner directly?
No. To safeguard and track your transactions, kindly make all your payments to Livspace directly. You’ll never have to make any extra/ separate payments to your designer or service partner. Please visit our payments tab for more information.
Do I have to pay premium on the insurance cover?
No. Livspace pays for an insurance cover against damages of ₹10 lacs or your project value, whichever is lower.
When can I apply for a loan to get my interiors done?
Livspace has tied up with several banks to offer you attractive and flexible EMI options. We recommend applying for a loan when your final designs are ready. However, please speak to your Livspace designer for guidance on your unique needs.
Livspace offers multiple online and offline payment options to make your interior purchase hassle-free.
1. Online payments
Every BoQ shared with you will include an online payment link. The payment is processed through a secure PayU gateway and you can use it pay through all major credit cards, debit cards, UPI, and wallets.
If you prefer a bank/wire transfer, contact your designer for payment details.
2. Offline payments
To opt for this method, speak to your designer. All cheques or drafts must be in the favour of HOME INTERIOR DESIGNS E-COMMERCE PRIVATE LIMITED
3. Offline payment for B2B clients
Only for business-to-business clients, all cheques and drafts must be in favour of EHOMEMAKER SOLUTIONS INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Transaction security guarantee
Livspace respects your financial privacy, and we guarantee the security of all online transactions made with us. Transactions are secured via PayU, which is VeriSign Secured® and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant. The VeriSign Secured® Seal is the most trusted security mark for online transactions, while Payment Card Industry (PCI) and PayU are under strict global information security standards defined for organizations handling credit holder information. So, transact online with Livspace without any worry.
In the event of a failed online transaction, no amount is deducted from your account or card. When making the payment, please ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection, and all entered details are correct, as these often result in transaction failures.
Payment terms for a Livspace project1
|Payment in %||Due at the time of|
|10% of the estimated quote||Booking Livspace2|
|40% of the order value||Order(s) placement|
|50% of the order value||Core Milestone3 is complete|
1 Project and order: A project refers to home design undertaking for a single home. Multiple orders can be placed for a single project (for eg., one order for modular products, a separate one for services such as civil work). Payments are processed on an order level.
2 Booking Livspace: You can book your interior project with Livspace by paying a booking fee which is charged at 10% of the estimated order value. The booking fee is adjusted against future orders. If the scope of your project increases significantly, you may be required to pay 10% for the new scope before design can begin.
3 Core Milestone: Milestones help us track the progress of your order. Core Milestone marks the completion of an important activity at which balance 50% payment (for that order) will be due. Livspace can proceed with completing the rest of the order only after full payment is made. The following table defines Core Milestone for the different type of orders.
|Marketplace furniture, decor items, modular products (such as kitchen).||Items ready to ship|
|Services such as civil work, custom furniture||Defined as per project. Stated clearly in your BoQ at the time of order placement.|
Payment terms for an order
In case your booking fee is already adjusted against an order(s), the following payment terms will apply for all subsequent orders.
|Payment in %||Due at the time of|
Cumulative 50%(10% booking fee + 40%)
|50%||Core Milestone is complete|
Terms and conditions
- Delays in making a payment at any stage can cause a delay in the project completion. Livspace is not liable for any such delay.
- In case of project cancellation after 50% payment, we are unable to refund any money as cash or Livspace store credits.
Want to design now and pay later?
Livspace brings to you easy finance options in association with the most trusted names in financial services. Now, you can start designing your home interiors and make your payments later in easy EMIs.
To know more, write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transaction security guarantee
Livspace respects your financial privacy, and we guarantee the security of all online transactions made with us.
Transactions are secured via PayU, which is VeriSign Secured® and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant. The VeriSign Secured® Seal is the most trusted security mark for online transactions, while Payment Card Industry (PCI) and PayU are under strict global information security standards defined for organizations handling credit holder information. So, transact online with Livspace without a worry!
In the event of a failed online transaction, no amount is deducted from your account or card. When making the payment, please ensure that you are connected to a stable internet connection, and all entered details are correct, as these often result in transaction failures.
Should you still need any assistance with your payment, please contact us at +91-8039-512-060 between 10 am to 9 pm, from Monday to Saturday.
Changed your mind? Livspace understands and we’re happy to offer you a refund in accordance with the Livspace cancellation policy.
Cancelling your project
In the unlikely event that you decide to cancel your project after paying the booking amount (10% of project value), Livspace will offer a refund to the tune of half of your booking amount. The refund is processed as Livspace store credits only.
You can cancel your project at any time between booking us and placing your final order (between 10% and 50% payment).
Please note: No refunds can be entertained if you cancel your project after 50% payment. However, we would like to get a chance to redress your grievances, if any, in order to help you change your mind. Tell us how we can serve you better by writing to email@example.com or speaking directly to your Community Manager.
Cancelling/ replacing product(s) in your order
Design stage: Any product in the tentative BoQ can be replaced or removed while you’re still discussing designs with your team i.e. till the Sales Order is not created.
Post final order: Because each item is made to order, Livspace cannot offer to cancel, replace or modify items once the final order is placed i.e. a sales order is created. However, please be assured that your design team will always explicitly discuss all items with you before placing orders.
Can I exchange Livspace store credits for cash?
Sorry, this option is unavailable for cancellations. Your refund will only be processed as Livspace store credits.
How can I use Livspace store credits?
Livspace store credits can be used to purchase furniture from the Livspace store, subject to availability. Items like appliances, soft decor like curtains, etc. cannot be purchased with Livspace store credits. For a complete list, please contact your Community Manager at the time of cancellation.
Do Livspace store credits expire?
No, Livspace store credits do not expire. You can use them to make a purchase at any time, as per your convenience.
What constitutes project cancellation?
A major reduction (50% or more) in project value (vis-a-vis the value at project booking) is considered as a cancellation.
Why is only half of my booking amount refunded?
Livspace takes pride in its exemplary design service. As each client gets access to a design team who personally works on designs and concepts for their home — putting in a lot of time and hard work — we are unable to offer a full refund after booking.
Return, exchange & refund
We understand that sometimes things simply don’t work out. At the time of delivery, if you receive a damaged or defective Livspace product, or it doesn’t match our original specifications, Livspace gives you the following options for returning the product:
- Rectify/Replace the returned product.
Exchange with another product, wherein
- if the new product exceeds the order value of the returned product, you will be required to pay the extra amount.
- if the order value of the new product is less than that of the returned product, we will refund the extra amount or provide store credit, as applicable.
- Get store credit in your Livspace account.
One way or the other, you will end up with a great product!
We will honour your request to return a product under the following conditions:
- All products must be returned unused with their original price tags and labels.
- The original invoice must be presented upon returning the merchandise.
- Our quality assurance team will inspect all returned items within 72 hours of the request.Only when it passes our standard quality assurance test, will we be able to process the return.
- Customised furniture pieces purchased from Livspace cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Any non-manufacturing defects and damages post receiving delivery will render the product invalid for returns or replacements.
- Modular kitchens and wardrobes are made-to-order and hence cannot be returned or exchanged.
How do I request a return?
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of receipt of your order.
What is the 72-hour inspection policy?
Expect no delays. Once you notify Livspace for a return request, we will make sure that a Livspace executive visits your site to inspect the product. If applicable, your return will be initiated in just 72 hours.
When will I receive a replacement?
When a return is accepted, the timeline for the replacement to reach you may vary from product to product. A Livspace representative will keep you informed at all times, and we will make all efforts to make your new product reach you very soon.
Enjoy years of happiness with Livspace Quality Promise
With Livspace, design and shop without any worries, always. The unparalleled Livspace Quality Promise assures you a premier home design experience. With multiple quality checks at every stage, we ensure all our products are free from any material and manufacturing defects. We’ve got you covered!
To know more, write to us: email@example.com
What is the Livspace Quality Promise?
Livspace Quality Promise assures you a premier home design experience with products that are free from any material and manufacturing defects.
What are the pre-requisites of the Livspace Quality Promise?
In the event of repair, Livspace quality promise is valid only if, You possess a digital or physical proof of complete payment. You have signed the completion certificate at the time of installation
What if I lose my bill or Livspace Quality Promise handbook?
Don’t worry! In case you lose your physical Livspace quality promise handbook/ customer contract. You can request for the information by contacting Livspace customer support.
Will I be charged if I need any services after the end of the Livspace Quality Promise period?
We are happy to provide after-sales services even after your Livspace quality promise period expires. The service charges would be minimal; material charges may be incurred if anything needs replacing.
Are services, customised products, decor products and accessories provided by Livspace covered under Livspace Quality Promise?
Services and customised products offered by Livspace are not covered under Livspace quality promise. Decor products and accessories may or may not come under manufacturer warranty, depending on the product. Please speak to a Livspace authorised representative to find the manufacturer’s warranty period of any such product, not listed above.
Terms & conditions apply
- Livspace Quality Promise does not cover natural wear and tear or damage caused by rough handling or using the product beyond its intended use. Reading care instructions is strongly recommended to ensure longevity.
- The following are not considered as defects: natural wood characteristics such as variations in grain, color, mineral streaks and knots.
- Notify Livspace within 10 days of any defect first coming into notice, via phone or e-mail.
- Livspace will honour its quality promise only when the quality promise time period has not expired, subject to the limitations set through Livspace Terms & Conditions.
- The scope of Livspace quality promise cannot be changed or broadened by any authorized representative of Livspace.
Livspace will honour its quality promise only when
- The product supplied and installed is properly maintained and used for normal domestic use.
- The product is still owned by the original purchaser.
- The product is still at its original installed position and location.
Livspace quality promise does not include
- Any labour, installation or transportation costs or any responsibility for damage that Livspace considers as natural wear and tear of finishes and surfaces.
- Any products used or installed in conjugation with Livspace kitchen/ wardrobe/ modular storage such as electrical & plumbing fixtures, countertops and appliances. Any use of Livspace cabinetry or component parts which are contrary to instructions furnished by Livspace will void this quality promise.
- Any cabinetry or component parts that Livspace considers to have been subject to alteration, modification, accident, abnormal use, extreme temperatures and continuous contact with water, high moisture levels or use of harsh and /or abrasive cleaning chemicals.
- Normal incidental deterioration like nicks, cuts, scratches and abrasions which are resulting from normal use during the standard life of the product.
- Livspace will not be held responsible for any claims arising out of defects due to material or workmanship of products not listed under claim terms listed.
- Livspace reserves the right to alter specifications in keeping with its policy of continuous product evaluation and improvement.
- Repair(s) and/or replacement(s) are subject to the current product offerings of styles and construction options within the Livspace product line, at the time of the claim. If a claim is filed after a Livspace product becomes obsolete or discontinued, Livspace will replace the affected component with a replacement component of a similar style based on availability at the time of the claim.
- Any decision regarding repair of the said component (in part or whole) solely lies with the authorized Livspace representative. The decision will be made following an inspection by the representative whether to repair at site, or return product to the factory for refurbishing/ replacement.
- Liability: Livspace will make all efforts to replace/ repair the said defect within a reasonable period of time. Livspace will not be liable for any direct/indirect loss to the user due to the defect or delay in providing the service, or any fault arising due to design, application or installation. In no event shall the liability of Livspace, under this quality promise, exceed the purchase price of the product or its replacement.
- The quality promise is not renewed, in case the Livspace modular cabinets or components are replaced in part or whole during the said quality promise period. The replaced parts will continue to be covered under our quality promise only till the remainder of the period as indicated in its respective table. Barring components which carry a lifetime warranty, the quality promise for any product under any circumstances will not exceed a period of 5 years (for modular wardrobes & storages) and 10 years (for kitchens) from the date of possession.
- Livspace.com is a marketplace that facilitates buyers and sellers of goods and services to transact and is not the seller of any products and services.
- All registered curated vendors with Livspace.com undergo an intensive 5-step quality and background check. The registered vendors are the providers of guarantees and warranties, if any, for products and services offered by them. Livspace.com only acts as a facilitator, for the benefit of its users and under no event can be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages and quality issues, whatsover.
- All Invoices for the products & services catered by registered vendors with Livspace.com shall be done by them directly to customers, except design & handling fees. Please get in touch with Livspace authorised representative to know more.
Please note: Livspace Quality Promise ensures multiple quality checks, at every stage, so that we only deliver the best to you. Livspace.com is a marketplace that curates and facilitates sales of goods but under no event can be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages and quality issues, whatsoever. Livspace.com, for the benefit of users, may try to help users resolve disputes, at their request. Livspace.com does so in its sole discretion, and it has no obligation to resolve disputes between users or between users and outside parties.
Care instructions for your Livspace home
All furniture & products
- Always maintain your furniture and products in dry condition.
- Any hardware or hinges can be dusted with a soft brush.
- Avoid acidic, abrasive and corrosive cleaning products.
- Avoid outdoor use and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and moisture to prevent fading and damage to the upholstery, solid wood or engineered wood furniture.
- Do not try to remove or detach fixed furniture products from their designated areas.
- Do not use chemical products for cleaning furniture used by kids or infants.
- Modifying the product beyond its intended use or standard specification is not advisable and will void warranty.
- Retouching of any kind, such as use of polish or paint products on the product is not recommended and will void warranty.
- Regularly dust your furniture.
- Periodic professional cleaning is recommended.
Upholstered furniture & products
- Dust using a soft brush or vacuum regularly using the upholstery attachment.
- Flip, rotate and fluff cushions and pillows on a regular basis to allow even distribution of wear.
- For durability and protection against stains, use a fabric and upholstery protector.
- For regular maintenance or in case of any stains/ spillage, use a mild fabric cleaner. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area first. Do not apply cleaner directly onto upholstery.
- Keep sharp objects away that can potentially damage the upholstery.
Solid wood furniture & products
- Air and sunlight may change the color of natural wood. Occasionally rotate the items placed on your solid wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop.
- For cleaning wooden surfaces, lightly wet a soft cloth, rub gently and wipe dry.
- In case of stains/ spillage on the wooden surfaces, gently rub the area with a solution of water and a mild cleaning agent. Wipe dry immediately. Avoid ammonia and alcohol-based cleaning products.
- Protect your solid wood furniture from spillages or heat by using coasters and trivets. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- We take strict precautions to make sure the wood is duly sealed. However, wood may nominally expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes.
Engineered wood furniture & products
- Do not place anything hot, cold or wet directly on engineered wood surface.
- Use of mats and coasters is highly recommended.
- Please use a damp cloth for cleaning. Wipe dry immediately.
Metal furniture & products
- For cleaning metallic surfaces, use a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately.
- To renew the metallic shine, gently polish with oil. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area first.
Space-saving furniture & products
- Drilling holes or screwing any add-on parts to the product may damage the product. Such modifications will void warranty.
- Kids below 10 years old should NOT be allowed to handle/ operate the space-saving product as it might be dangerous.
- Prior to using the product, we advise clearing the floor area. Gently guide the product to the floor while opening. Please ensure the legs are placed properly on the floor before taking your hands off.
- Use caution while opening space-saving beds and removing mattress from the mattress box.
- Please do not walk/ stand on the mattress box without a mattress.
- Use the product within the recommended weight capacity.
Modular kitchens, wardrobes & storage
- Always wipe moisture promptly and dry with a clean, soft cloth. Excess water or wet utensils may leave stains and can also cause the wood to swell or warp.
- Avoid outdoor use and keep away from direct sunlight.
- Exposing the furniture to intense heat, from hot food or coffee cups, could damage the finish. Coasters and mats should be used to keep any hot objects on wooden furniture.
- Avoid dragging any sharp objects on the wooden surface to prevent scratches and other damages.
- In case of stains, gently clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. Avoid ammonia and alcohol-based cleaning products.
- Clean the stove and burner daily, so that the food particles don’t stick to it.
- If there is a steel sink in the modular kitchen, clean the sink with soft nylon scrubbing pad so that the steel doesn't get scratched.
- Do not use any cleaning product containing chloride. Use cold water or mild detergents, if required.
- Get your chimney serviced by the manufacturer/ brand every 6 months for optimum functionality.
- Clean the entire refrigerator once a week with soapy water.
- Avoid using strong chemicals on hardware, hinges and handles. Clean with a soft cloth/ brush or if required, use a mild glass cleaner.
- For cleaning metallic surfaces, if any, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. To renew shine, gently polish with oil. Kindly do a patch test on a hidden area before use.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and water to maintain the shine of stainless steel kitchen appliances or tiles.
- Avoid acidic, abrasive and corrosive cleaning products of all kinds.
- For retouching of any kind, do not use polish or paint products on your own. We recommend using professional services. However, retouching of any kind will automatically void warranty.
- While operating the shutters, do not lean or put any weight on the shutters.
- Do not use petroleum-based chemicals for cleaning acrylic or membrane surfaces.
- Do not clean the kitchen floor or sink with hydrochloric acid as the acid fumes will cause the coating on the SS hardware and hinges to rust.
- Avoid alkaline water as it has high pH which can cause marks and stains on stainless steel surfaces.
- Please do not put excess weight in your cabinets, shelves and drawers, than the recommended load capacity.
- Do not allow kids to play with the shutters/ doors.
For more instructions on maintaining your Livspace home furniture and products, please refer to the care guide shared by the manufacturer/ brand.
Partnering with Livspace
Why should I join Livspace as a design partner?
The Livspace design partner program is India’s biggest community of freelance designers turned entrepreneurs. As a design partner, you choose the hours, the number of projects you work on and earn commissions while we grow your interior design portfolio and business. To know more, visit our design partner page.
What does a design partner do?
A design partner will pitch, design and manage execution of their projects. While Livspace provides all the back end support; fresh quality clientele, access to our proprietary online tools, vast catalog of furniture, decor, products and services and the incredible network of community managers, vendor managers, category managers and service partners.
How does Livspace help me earn more money?
The mantra is simple: design more, earn more! Our proprietary online tools, vast catalog and network of installation service partners ensure our design partners can pitch, convert and design faster. This empowers our design partners to not just choose their work hours but also choose to work on more number of projects.
How do I register to become a design partner?
It’s easy! Just go to our design partners page, click on “Request Invite” and submit your details. Our team will then reach out to you.
How much work experience do I need to become a design partner?
We expect a minimum of 2-3 years of work or freelance experience.
I’m not an individual. I own a design studio. Can I enroll?
Of course! Our design partner program is all inclusive, whether you’re a niche studio, one-man army or have offices in all our operating cities, you’re welcome to join our growing community.
Which cities are you currently hiring design partners in?
Our design partner program is currently active in Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon and Mumbai.
Is there an interview process involved to become a design partner?
Yes. To enroll as a Livspace design partner, you’ll have to attend a standardised interview process, which includes a basic test and face-to-face interviews. Don't worry, this process ensures we get to know you better.
Is it mandatory to attend the training and onboarding process?
Yes, it is mandatory. As a design partner, understanding our processes and policies is crucial so that you can represent our brand better. Also, we rely heavily on technology to design and manage project pipelines, which requires some training to get familiarised with.
Who will be my Livspace point of contact once I become a design partner?
Your assigned community manager will be your point of contact once you successfully complete the onboarding process and become a Livspace design partner.
How will my community manager help me?
From onboarding, training, process assistance to escalations, payments and even moral support, your assigned CM (community manager) is your go-to person for anything and everything at Livspace.
Designing & earning
How many project leads can I expect to receive?
As many as you’d like. And no, we’re not kidding. Your community manager will assign you fresh leads as your sales pipeline clears. For instance, if you can juggle three projects at the design stage, and you already have two at execution and only one at the pitch stage, your manager will assign you fresh leads for you to start pitching to immediately. These numbers are all indicative. Each design partner has a different capacity, some can handle more, some less. So, you as an individual/ studio/ entrepreneur need to gauge your capacity.
Note: This is how your sales pipeline looks: Pitching > Design > Execution > Handover > Snags
Does Livspace filter the leads sent to design partners?
Yes. Our technology and digital marketing tools are designed to validate each lead that comes in. For instance, if a lead is outside of our scope or serviceable pin codes, the leads are automatically disqualified. Our community managers will then assign leads to their design partners based on their serviceable location, scope and budget.
How many projects can I work on simultaneously, as a design partner?
As many as you can handle! You will have unlimited access to fresh project leads to take up. On an average, we have seen our design partners working on about 6 projects at a time at various stages in their sales pipeline.
What is Canvas by Livspace?
Canvas is our very own proprietary, cloud-based platform that will help you design, organise and manage your projects, collaborate with your team, schedule meetings and even track orders — so you can design and earn without any hassles!
What is in the Livspace catalog?
Livspace has been touted as the no.1 home interiors brand not only because of cutting-edge design but also for housing a vast catalog of designer products ranging from furniture, decor, furnishings, fittings, appliances to modular kitchens, wardrobes and storage units. As a design partner, you get insider access to our exclusive catalog and use it to design your Livspace projects.
Can I meet my clients at any of the Livspace Design Centers?
Yes of course! Our Design Centers are designed for you to meet, convert and design better for your clients.
Do I get design assistance from Livspace?
Yes, you will. For all modular products, design assistants will be assigned to help with visualization and validation of the modular design.
If you’d like support for other aspects of your project like creating 3D views, using a draftsperson or enlisting a site supervisor, please get in touch with your community manager, since these services are chargeable and will be deducted from your commission.
What is the incentive/ commission structure?
Your incentives structure has a fixed component and a variable component. The variable component is directly linked to your ratings. If your project completes with minimal hiccups and maximum client satisfaction, you can be sure to earn more. However, your overall earnings are directly linked to the project order value. The higher the order value, the bigger your earnings.
How do payments and incentives work?
Commission payouts will be transferred via NEFT on or before the 10th of the subsequent month of when your client makes a payment to us.
Are my ratings and earnings linked?
Yes. Your ratings will be based on your performance and overall client satisfaction. If your client has a superior home design experience, it will reflect in your earnings.
Delivery & installation
Do I have to supervise the on-site work on a day-to-day basis?
Apart from the stipulated site visits through your project lifetime, not necessarily. However, you can visit the site to check on progress and quality as often as you’d like. As the owner of the project, you can either appoint a supervisor on your behalf or request a site supervisor from Livspace (which is chargeable). Livspace will however regularly audit the work and share feedback (if any) with you and the service partner.
Can I recommend contractors to work on my Livspace projects?
Yes, definitely! Do make a recommendation to our Services team and they’ll be onboarded should they meet our quality standards.
Reseller Arrangement: Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions in relation to the reseller arrangement (the “Terms and Conditions”) shall be applicable to such parties (the “Reseller”) desirous of retailing the products sold to it by of eHomemaker Solutions India Private Limited (“eHomemaker”).
The Reseller hereby agrees to act as a retailer of the products of eHomemaker (the “Products”) on a non-exclusive basis. eHomemaker shall be free to sell its Products to other resellers other than the Reseller. The engagement shall be effective unless terminated by written notice to the other party. eHomemaker hereby agrees that the Reseller may use eHomemaker’s marks subject to these Terms and Conditions and directions issued by eHomemaker from time to time for the sale of the Products. eHomemaker may from time to time frame and notify the Reseller about guidelines relating to the use of the marks and Reseller shall ensure strict compliance with such guidelines as notified from time to time. The Products shall be sold by the Reseller only under the name and/or mark designated by eHomemaker. The Reseller shall not alter, remove or in any way tamper with any name or mark that eHomemaker has, directly or indirectly, placed on Products, and Products to be sold by Reseller shall not bear other trademark, trade name, or other name, word, letters or mark without the prior written approval of eHomemaker. The Reseller shall use eHomemaker’s marks in accordance with the manuals or instructions only for the purpose of and in connection with advertising, publicizing and promoting the sale and distribution of Products. The Reseller shall not use all or any part of marks in any business other than dealing in the Products.
The Reseller shall purchase the Products from eHomemaker at the prices specified in the invoice raised by eHomemaker from time to time (“Purchase Consideration”). The Reseller hereby agrees to sell the Products to the Customers at such price as determined by eHomemaker (“Sale Consideration”), post including the commission that may be payable to the Reseller if the products are sold on livspace.com portal, at such rate that may be mutually agreed upon from time to time (the “Commission”). In case of products sold to Customers from livespace.com portal, subject to applicable laws, the Purchase Consideration payable from Reseller to eHomemaker may be deducted from the Sale Consideration and the net amount, i.e., the Commission and applicable taxes, shall be transferred to the Reseller.
Invoice and Payment
The Reseller, upon receipt of an order for any of the Products from a Customer shall raise a purchase order on eHomemaker (except in case of Products sold to Customers at livspace.com in which case it shall be automatically generated on eHomemaker’s technology platform and a copy of which shall be sent to the Reseller upon their request in writing). Such auto-generated purchase orders shall be deemed to have been authorised by the Reseller in advance and shall not require separate consent/signature or other form of verification from the Reseller. eHomemaker shall thereafter, raise an invoice on the Reseller. The invoice amount/fees for the Products shall be payable by the Reseller within 15 (fifteen) days of receiving the invoice.
Any sales tax, GST or any other indirect taxes leviable on sale of the Products or provision of services covered under these Terms and Conditions shall be the liability of eHomemaker and would be charged to the Reseller. Further, eHomemaker shall be liable for all necessary tax filings and tax compliances applicable under the respective indirect tax legislation on activities covered under these Terms and Conditions. The Reseller shall provide its GST credentials and such other details that may be necessary to enable the generation of e-way bill on their behalf. By agreeing to be a reseller for eHomemaker, the Reseller shall be deemed to have expressly provided its consent for the use of the aforementioned information solely for the purpose of e-way bill generation or such other bills/invoice/challans/receipts that may be required in relation to the sale of the Products and its subsequent transportation to the end Customers of the Reseller.
Roles and Responsibilities
- eHomemaker will provide the Reseller with sales and technical information for the Products and shall furnish the specifications with regard to the Products as and when required.
- eHomemaker will supply the Products to the Reseller for re-sale in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Reseller shall be solely responsible for securing any governmental licenses or permits required to perform its obligations in accordance with applicable law. Further, the Reseller shall at all times, comply with applicable law in relation to the performance of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions and further the Reseller undertakes that the execution of and performance of its obligations and responsibilities described in these Terms and Conditions is not in violation of applicable law or of any expressed or implied obligations of the Reseller towards any third parties under any contracts, agreement or understanding binding on it.
- The Reseller should use its resources to sell eHomemaker’s Product to end-customers through such medium (including without limitation online websites, brick and mortar stores, etc), as may be approved by eHomemaker (the “Customer”). The Reseller acknowledges that the engagement with the Customer for the sale/ supply of the Products is directly between the Customer and the Reseller. eHomemaker shall provide such assistance as it deems fit for the transportation of the Products to the Customers, depending on the nature of the Products sold. If eHomemaker is arranging for the transportation of the Products to the Customers, then the Reseller shall provide all necessary information that may be required by eHomemaker, including address of the Customer, invoices raised, such information that may be necessary to generate the e-way bills to undertake the transportation (if applicable), etc.
- The Reseller will be responsible for all direct costs of selling the Product.
- The Reseller will re-sell the Product as per performance parameters laid down by eHomemaker and the Reseller will be responsible for accurately conveying those Product related standards and parameters to the Customers.
- The Reseller shall strictly comply with all marketing and performance guidelines as prescribed by eHomemaker from time to time.
- Reseller shall act loyally and faithfully to eHomemaker and work to protect eHomemaker’s interest at all time. The Reseller acknowledges that eHomemaker has made substantial investment towards building its brand image which it has a right to protect. Accordingly, the Reseller shall refrain from all such activities that may injure eHomemaker’s brand.
- Reseller shall not offer any representations and warranties to the Customers with relation to the Product that are not approved or provided by eHomemaker in writing from time to time and shall not offer any additional representations and warranties other than those specifically agreed to and approved by eHomemaker.
Further, the Reseller hereby covenants and agrees that it shall:
- at all times conduct its business in the manner that will reflect favourably on the goodwill of eHomemaker;
- not by itself or with others participate in any illegal, deceptive, misleading or unethical practices including, but not limited to disparagement of the Product or eHomemaker or other practices which may be detrimental to the Product, or eHomemaker; and,
- use the Marks only for promoting, marketing and reselling the Product strictly as per the guidelines notified by eHomemaker from time to time.
The Reseller shall not during its term as a Reseller (the “Term”) and for a period of 2 (two) years thereafter, directly or indirectly and whether as principal, agent, partner, manager, reseller, distributor, joint venture partner, shareholder, proprietor or otherwise develop, sell, market or promote any product or provide any service or offering that directly or indirectly to compete with or is similar to the Products or any other related offering of eHomemaker. If there are any doubts or disagreements as to whether any such product or service or offering is similar to or competes with the Products or related offerings, the opinion of eHomemaker shall be final and binding on the Reseller.
The Reseller or its affiliates shall not, directly or indirectly, and whether as employee, consultant or fulltime equivalent hire or solicit nor permit its affiliates or contractors to hire or solicit the services of any employee, contractor or consultant of eHomemaker and/or its affiliates (including subsidiaries) during the Term of this arrangement and for a period of 2 (two) years thereafter, without the prior written consent of the eHomemaker.
Reseller acknowledges that, in the course of performance of its obligations and responsibilities under these Terms and Conditions and from time to time, it will have access to or obtain knowledge of trade secrets, Intellectual Property Rights and other Confidential Information of eHomemaker and have dealings with the customers, clients and suppliers/affiliates of eHomemaker. Reseller recognizes that the foregoing covenants in this Clause 5 and the time and other limitations with respect thereto, are reasonable as to duration and subject matter, properly required for the adequate protection of the value, Intellectual Property Rights and goodwill of eHomemaker, and agree that such limitations are reasonable with respect to the business activities under these Terms and Conditions and given the nature of the role of the Reseller and the information and material that Reseller has access to during the Term.
- The Reseller acknowledges that all the Confidential Information of eHomemaker which may come into its possession is and shall remain the property of eHomemaker or its vendors / Customers as the case may be.
- The Confidential Information may be disclosed only to employees, consultants and client only on a need to know basis. Prior to such disclosure appropriate confidential agreements shall have been executed by such employees, consultants and client with the Reseller.
- The Reseller shall not at any time without the consent of the eHomemaker misappropriate, copy or take extracts of/from any Confidential Information.
The Reseller shall not at any time disclose
any Confidential Information of the eHomemaker
to any person:
- to gain directly or indirectly any improper advantage to itself or to any other person; and/or
- to injure or cause loss either intentionally or unintentionally, directly or indirectly to the Reseller.
- This Clause shall survive the termination of this arrangement and Confidential Information shall remain and be considered as confidential for at least 5 (five) years following such termination.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prevent either Party from disclosing Confidential Information to any court or regulatory authority pursuant to a notice of disclosure. Provided prior to such disclosure, such Party shall make commercially reasonable efforts to permit the discloser to oppose such disclosure.
Other Terms and Conditions
All Intellectual Property Rights in the Products and the Marks (and all parts thereof) will remain vested in eHomemaker (or its relevant licensors). Reseller acknowledges and agrees that it shall not acquire or claim any title to any of eHomemaker's (or eHomemaker's licensors) Intellectual Property Rights and further agrees that it will not at any time do or omit to do anything which is likely to prejudice eHomemaker's (or its licensors') ownership of such Intellectual Property Rights. Reseller further agrees not to remove, suppress or modify in any way any proprietary marketing, including any trademark or copyright notice on or in any materials in respect of which eHomemaker owns the Intellectual Property Rights.
All accretions to the Marks arising on account of this arrangement shall be solely to the benefit of eHomemaker and Reseller shall not be entitled to any fees or contribution in relation to the same.
- eHomemaker will indemnify the Reseller against any claims raised as a direct result of eHomemaker not meeting pre-agreed Product warranty related claims from any Customers.
- Each Party shall defend, hold harmless and indemnify the other Party, its affiliates and its personnel from and against any and all losses, claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including taxes, fees, fines, penalties, interest, reasonable expenses of investigation and legal fees and disbursements) as incurred arising out of, or relating to any breach of the representations and warranties and/or obligations made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or for any damages suffered by the other Party on account of any misrepresentation, breach of any terms of these Terms and Conditions by a Party or its personnel while reselling the Product.
- Notwithstanding the generality of the above, neither Party shall be entitled to any indirect, special or consequential damages including in relation to any loss of potential opportunity. Further, except for breach of obligations relating to confidentiality and claims relating to misrepresentations to clients and Customers by the Reseller, the liability of each Party for all claims shall be limited to the aggregate amount of monies paid by the Reseller to eHomemaker during the 3 year period prior to such claim.
Representations and Warranties
The Reseller represents and warrants to eHomemaker that;
- It has adequate resources and personnel to sell, distribute, market and promote the Product;
- It will not hold itself to be the owner or producer of any of the Products;
- It shall not tamper with any of the Products in any manner whatsoever;
- No event has occurred that, at or prior to the date hereof, would have a material adverse impact on the business, operation or condition (financial or otherwise) of the Reseller.
Stocking of Product
eHomemaker shall operate such number of warehouses required to carry stocks of the Products. All costs relating to procurement and packaging of the Products will be borne by the eHomemaker.
eHomemaker shall maintain at its expense the necessary insurance policies required to cover the risk of loss or damage to the Products that are stored in the warehouse of eHomemaker.
Delivery of Products
- It is clarified that eHomemaker shall be responsible for delivering the Products to the Reseller. Subject to the mutual agreement/arrangement between the parties, eHomemaker may also arrange for the transportation of the Products directly to the Customers.
- eHomemaker shall provide the Reseller with, in relation to the Products, all documentation, drawings for Products’ installation and relevant information and the Reseller shall be responsible for the direct translation of the safety regulation/instruction in relation to the Products.
- The title in the Products shall be deemed to have been passed on to the Reseller upon delivery of the Products by eHomemaker at the agreed location of the Reseller and upon such delivery, all risks and responsibility in respect to such Products shall, subject to these Terms and Conditions, be borne by the Reseller.
Warranty on Products
- eHomemaker hereby agrees to provide warranties in relation to the Products as originally provided by the manufacturer of the products. It is hereby clarified that in the event there is found to be a defect in any of the spare parts of the Products eHomemaker shall provide additional warranty to the Reseller for such period as provided by the manufacturer from the date of replacement of such spare parts. It is clarified that the additional warranty shall be provided only with respect to the defective spare parts and not with respect to any other parts of the Products. The decision on what shall be construed as a ‘spare part’ for the purpose of this Clause by eHomemaker shall be final, which shall not be unreasonably restricted.
- Labour and replacement charge, of the warranted parts shall be free of cost during the Warranty Period.
The aforementioned warranty and additional warranty
from eHomemaker shall be void if:
- the Products are repaired, disassembled to any extent or changed by any person other than a technician expressly authorized by eHomemaker and contracted by, or through, eHomemaker;
- any failure attributable to software, tooling, accessories or ancillary equipment not sold by the eHomemaker;
- the Products or any part thereof has been used in any manner other than as specified under the documentation, if any provided by eHomemaker;
- the defect has been caused to the Products as a result of wear and tear in normal course of usage; or
- any defect caused as a result of any fault, negligence or wilful misconduct of the Reseller including its employees, consultants or any third party outside the control of the eHomemaker.
- The Reseller hereby acknowledges and agrees that any act of the Reseller (including without limitation any act by its employees and/or representatives) compromising the Products safety will cause the immediate suspension of the warranty for the Products at issue.
- Where eHomemaker requests the Reseller or the Reseller requests eHomemaker for any resources, inter alia, space at any facilities, manpower for operations or delivery vehicles, Parties agrees to provide such resources to each other chargeable at market rates (on an arm’s length basis).
- Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, neither party makes any warranty in connection with the subject matter of this arrangement. Each Party hereby disclaims any and all implied warranties, including without limitation all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Returns and Damages
- In the event that the Customer claims that the Product supplied by eHomemaker fails to conform to the requirements of the Customer as agreed between the Reseller and eHomemaker (and consequently the Reseller and the Customer), the Reseller shall return to eHomemaker the non-conforming Product received from the Customer along with written instructions from the Customer, at the Reseller’s expense.
- If the Reseller wishes to return a Product to eHomemaker upon the Customer’s request, the Reseller shall within a period of 3 (three) days from the receipt of the Products from the Customer return such Product along with the Customer’s requirements to eHomemaker to a location as agreed to between the Parties. Any Product returned to eHomemaker by the Reseller as authorized under these Terms and Conditions shall be (i) packed in its original packing material, and (ii) include any documentation or information requested by the Customer and the Reseller. eHomemaker may refuse to accept returns of any Product not packed and shipped as provided in these Terms and Conditions.
- Any Product-related inquiries from Customers/consumers, residing in India shall be handled by Reseller. The Reseller may outsource the handling of such product related inquiries from any other third party with the consent of eHomemaker.
- Each Party shall, without prejudice to any other rights available in law, have the right to damages for any deficiencies as set forth in the Product.
Immediate Termination. this arrangement may be terminated at any time effective immediately upon written notice by eHomemaker to the Reseller in any of the following events:
- Insolvency, dissolution or commencement of liquidation of the Reseller, filing of a bankruptcy or corporate reorganization petition by or against Reseller, appointment of any receiver, trustee or custodian for Reseller or its business, or an assignment by Reseller for the benefit of creditors;
- Any act of the Reseller which will negatively affect the eHomemaker brand image or any breach of the confidentiality provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any misrepresentation on behalf of eHomemaker by the Reseller.
- An untrue report of sales number of units of Products which was caused by Reseller’s mala fide intention;
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated in these Terms and Conditions, the Parties will be entitled to mutually terminate this arrangement between eHomemaker and the Reseller by way of issue of 30 (thirty) days prior written notice to the other Party. This arrangement will stand terminated upon expiry of the said notice period and the Parties will be entitled to terminate the arrangement under this Clause without assigning any reason for such termination.
Consequences of Termination
- Upon termination of this arrangement, Reseller undertakes to transfer the entire Customer base in relation to the Products (i.e. Customers as on date of termination notice and any newly acquired Customers during termination notice period) to one of the resellers appointed by eHomemaker at such point of time. Parties hereby agree that, upon completion of such transfer of Customer base and conclusion of termination of this arrangement, eHomemaker or such newly appointed reseller pay to the Reseller all amounts due and payable to the Reseller (which shall include receivables from the Customers). This amount will be paid to the Reseller post the acquisition and on receipt of revenues from the Customers. Following the acquisition, all the Customer contracts will be novated in favour of the newly appointed reseller.
- Further, termination by the Reseller shall also be subject to all the Confidential Information and Intellectual Property Rights of eHomemaker is duly handed over to the eHomemaker or its affiliates and Reseller having paid the entire amount due to the eHomemaker.
- At all times during the Term of the arrangement and even after termination, the Reseller will uphold the brand name and reputation of eHomemaker in the market and with the Customers. Termination of the contract will not give just cause for any dilution of this requirement.
- Termination of this arrangement shall not affect the vested rights of the eHomemaker.
- Notwithstanding termination Reseller would continue to be liable for all its acts, performance or non-performance during the Term of this arrangement.
If either Party fails to exercise a right or remedy that it has or which arises in relation to an incident in connection with this arrangement either immediately or at all, such failure shall not prevent that party from exercising that right or remedy subsequently in respect of that or any other incident. Notwithstanding, anything contained in this Clause, the Reseller shall not be entitled to any compensation or indemnity (whether for loss of reseller rights, goodwill or otherwise) as a result of the termination of this arrangement. Subject to the terms of this arrangement, upon termination of this arrangement the Reseller shall immediately cease to re-sell the Product and shall not thereafter hold itself out as having any links with eHomemaker.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Subject to Clause "Dispute Resolution" below, the courts in Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction on the matters arising from or in connection with this arrangement and these Terms and Conditions.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms and Conditions to the contrary, the parties to this arrangement hereby agree that they intend to discharge their obligations in utmost good faith. The parties therefore agree that they will, at all times, act in good faith, and make all attempts to resolve all differences, howsoever arising out of or in connection with this arrangement amicably at the first instance. In case the amicable settlement does not resolve the dispute within 30 (thirty) calendar days, it shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 by a sole arbitrator jointly appointed by the Parties. The language of the arbitration shall be English and the seat of arbitration will be Bangalore. The arbitrators shall be entitled to award costs of the arbitration. Subject to the aforesaid, each Party to the arbitration shall bear its own expense in relation thereto, including but not limited to such Party’s attorneys’ fees and the expenses and fees of the arbitrator shall be borne equally by the parties to the dispute. The decision/award of the arbitrator shall be final/conclusive and binding on the Parties.