In This Article
Lighting is the only element that can brighten up your home. What’s the point of having great interiors if you cannot highlight them with great lighting? Your home is where your heart is and it deserves to light up in a way that brings ultimate joy to you. Vastu shastra has some good tips for extracting the maximum benefit from lights for your home. Read on and get inspired.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
– Martin Luther King Jr.
Vastu Shastra Lighting Tips for the Living Room
The living room is one spot that is the centre of all the action when everyone’s at home. Therefore, it is essential to have optimum lighting here and make this a haven of happiness. Some vastu for lighting lamps tips that you can follow are:
- Make sure you establish general illumination here, which reduces accent lighting and increases overall brightness
- If you have a south-west wall in your living room, then place a family portrait there with a bright spotlight to bring good luck and good health for the family members
- If you have artworks or plants in your living room, highlight them with individual lights
- Be sure that floor and table lamps have adequate shade to prevent glare and harsh lights in your living room. This will make your room feel warm and inviting and attract positive energy
Vastu Shastra Lighting Tips for the Bedroom
The bedroom is a place where one can be themself and relax after a long day at work or even otherwise. We spend the maximum amount of time here, be it reading, relaxing or sometimes just chilling by ourselves. This is what vastu shastra says about light position as per vastu:
- This is the room where you can use task lights to highlight photographs or paintings. Keep the lighting adequately bright in general
- According to vastu principles, lighting in your bedroom should be very soothing with delicate textures and colours
- When it comes to the right night lamp as per vastu rules, make sure you place table lamps with warm lights and shades that create a subtle ambience in your room
Vastu Shastra Lighting Tips for the Dining Room
How your dining room looks is dependent on the kind of family you are. The decor also varies with every home. But nonetheless, this is the room where you have conversations over great food and we all know that a happy tummy is the path to a happy soul. These vastu shastra tips will help you choose the right lights for your dining room.
- The focus here should not be the walls or the ceiling. The lights should highlight the decor and the dining table
- You can consider placing a crystal chandelier here. Chandelier vastu rules say that this decorative lighting fixture in the dining room is sure to bring good tidings at home
- Candles in decorative holders also add warmth and make your dining room look attractive and warm
- Your crockery units and the bar area deserve special focal lighting and this will complete the look of your dining room. You can use bulbs for this but make sure to follow all bulb vastu rules
Vastu Shastra Lighting Tips for the Kitchen
The kitchen is the place where families get together and whip up meals for themselves. It is a very important zone that should be lit up adequately and have specific lights to facilitate functionality. Also, vastu shastra says that this area should follow certain lighting rules:
- Vastu says that the kitchen should have equally distributed lighting and minimum shadows
- Fluorescent fixtures like bulbs and tubelights save energy and also help to illuminate your kitchen and keep the space looking bright. However, ensure that you follow all tube light vastu and vastu bulbs rules
- Special task lighting under the wall cabinets can be installed for key work areas
- Make sure to provide lighting inside the storage area and the pantry
Vastu Shastra Lighting Tips for the Bathroom
Bathrooms today wear a well-dressed look and designing these spaces has become an essential part of interior designing. It is that spot at home where one can completely relax and start and end their day in peace and favourable surroundings. Make note of these vastu shastra tips for bathrooms:
- If you have a compact bathroom, then general lighting is essential. A central ceiling light should suffice in such a situation
- The most critical lighting in a bathroom is the one around the mirror. The light here should be diffused and have zero glare or shadow. You can use a low-watt bulb but make sure to follow bulb vastu rules
- Make special arrangements for lighting around bathroom accessories
- Make sure recessed lights over a tub or a shower are water and vapour-proof to avoid unnecessary accidents
General Vastu Shastra Tips for Lighting at Home
- Light position as per vastu dictates that more light fittings positioned along the north and east walls are a positive sign and bring home good energy
- Avoid having the main source of lighting in a room coming in from the south-east direction. It is considered negative according to vastu shastra
- To have a bright and rewarding career, place bright lights in the south zone. But be careful about the source of light. Spotlights are considered to bring home positivity
- If your temple is in the east, north or north-east direction, use white or off-white lighting to avoid negative energy
- The path leading to the main door should not be dark and dingy
- Bright lights at the staircase landing are also considered to be very auspicious and attract good energy
These are very simple vastu shastra lighting tips that everyone can use at home to bring in good luck and happiness. We also have some specific Tips to Design a Vastu-friendly Bedroom. Give it a read!
Check out lighting tips for your home:
How Can Livspace Help You?
We hope you found our ideas useful! If you want stunning interiors, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today. Delivering safe home interiors has been our No. 1 priority. Click here to find out how interiors are being delivered following all safety protocols.
Wondering how our customers feel about working with Livspace? You can check out the Livspace reviews here!
Send in your comments and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org