When it comes to selecting the right rug for your home, a lot of rules and opinions go into it. Rugs are tricky. The right one can finish the space to perfection but the wrong one can make the room look unfinished and awkward. The first step in selecting the perfect rug is determining the best rug size for your room.
Our rug size guide walks you through different rooms and tells you how rugs can pull a space together, create distinct areas and more:
Rugs are a classic addition to interiors and our rug size guide will ensure that your home looks elegant and graceful. Dull floors can instantly get character when you place the right rug on them.
However, there are a few mistakes that you should avoid when choosing the right rug:
- Do not choose a very small rug for a very large area.
- Although, layering is cool it is best avoided when it comes to rugs. It gives a shabby and unfinished look.
- Do not place your rugs under direct sunlight as they lose their sheen and fade away faster.
- Always go for rugs that complement the theme and colors of your interiors.
- But if you like to mix it up, do so with care. Your rug should ideally have a common element with the rest of the room.
- Try and strike a balance between the rug shapes and the shape of your furniture. If the furniture around the rug is rounded, then go for a round rug.
Well, all said and done, a little experimentation is always welcome when it comes to choosing rugs. So, let your imagination talk you through the right rugs!