In This Article
Bathroom cleaning might be a time-consuming affair, but we can all agree on how important it is. If you don’t want germs and bacteria multiplying in your home or making their way to other spaces, you need to keep your bathroom clean. Baffled on how to clean your bathroom daily? Check these concise cleaning tips for bathroom. Dive in:
#1: Make a Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
When you are cleaning the bathroom, it’s useful to know what you’re cleaning next. Here’s a list:
I. Clean Your Shower Heads
Shower heads often get clogged due to minerals in hard water – quite a common occurrence in Indian metro cities.
Fill a plastic bag with undiluted white vinegar and submerge the shower head in it. Secure it with a rubber band and let it soak overnight. Clean it with a bit of toothpaste the next day, and it will look as good as new.
II. Scrub the Sink and Faucets
A simple two-step process is all it takes to clean the sink and faucets.
Remove any excessive hairs from the sink drain. Wipe it down with a dry cloth to remove dust. Scrub baking soda on areas with stains, crusted toothpaste etc. Finish up by rinsing thoroughly with water. Just like shower heads, clean faucets with a cloth dabbed in vinegar.
III. Wipe Countertop and Cabinets
Put away all your toiletries, unplug your hairstyling and grooming tools, and remove decorative accents from your countertops and cabinets to hasten the cleaning process. Proceed to dry dusting.
For countertops, use an all-purpose cleaner. A floor or tile cleaner should do the job. Spray the solution on paper towels and wipe down. Well-organised cabinets make your bathroom look decluttered. For shelves that are infrequently used, wipe clean and drop a couple of silica gel packets to keep mould and insects at bay.
IV. Attend to the Floor and Ceiling
The grout lines between bathroom tiles work as a hotbed for germs. Clean it with a water and vinegar solution or some baking soda paste. Let it sit for a few minutes before cleaning with warm water. You could alternatively scrub it clean with a mouthwash. Moreover, do not forget to wipe the corners where hair and dust tend to collect the most.
For ceilings, use a long-handle duster to get rid of cobwebs, dust on top of cabinets and light fixtures.
V. Keep the Mirror and Curtains Clean
Spray the mirror with glass cleaners and wipe it down with a newspaper for a stain-free shine. Take down any curtains in the bathroom and give them a whirl in the washing machine. Make sure the hinges of the curtain rods are proper to prevent any accidents.
VI. Thoroughly Clean the Toilet Bowl
The most tedious part of the cleaning process is the toilet. Use your regular cleaner and disinfectant, leave it for 20 minutes and do a thorough scrubbing. Use an old toothbrush to clean the underside of the rims and other places that can’t be reached by the toilet brush.
You could also drop a couple of antacid tablets or empty a bottle of cola into the toilet bowl. Let it sit for 10-15minutes. This makes the cleaning process so much easier.
VII. Cleanse Your Bathtub
If you have a bathtub, fill it with hot water and sprinkle baking soda into it. In case the stains are powerful, you can use a tile-and-tub cleaner instead. Now, use a brush to clean out all the stains and dirt. Once you are satisfied that the bathtub is clean, drain the dirty water.
Also Read: Keep it Simple With These Cleaning Solutions!
#2: Follow This Bathroom Cleaning Schedule
There are many tips for cleaning a bathroom. However, not all bathroom cleaning tips and tricks can be applied everyday. Thus, this list will help you prioritise your to-do list when it comes to cleaning bathrooms.
Below are tips on how to clean your bathroom everyday. These tricks are easy and can be done even when you have busy mornings:
- Decultter your countertops. We do not need traffic on the countertops so you can easily work there
- Wipe your faucets and showerheads with dry cloth
- Unclog your drain. This step makes it easier for you to use the bathroom next time
These tips will help you in cleaning your bathroom when you have a bit more time on the weekends.
- Clean any surfaces to free them of dust or grime
- Disinfect and clean your toilet bowl. When done weekly, the toilet bowl will be more hygienic to use
- Go ahead and clean your sink and faucets too. Use a hard water stain remover for better effects
- Do not forget to unclog the drains
- Mop the floors and vaccum the corners to keep those cobwebs away
While doing all of the above, you can expand your monthly bathroom cleaning. Other than wiping surfaces, disinfecting, unclogging drains and mopping, here are some extra steps you need to take during your monthly bathroom cleaning.
- Scrub the shower heads and tubs/bathtub
- Wash the shower curtains and any mats or carpets you may be using
- Clean the dustbin
It may be time to do the deep-cleaning and re-organizing of the bathroom. Usually, the yearly deep-clean in Indian homes is before Diwali or any big events in the family. Here’s what to keep in mind:
- Re-organize your storage cabinets and clean them the Marie Kondo way. Anything that “does not spark joy” has to go
- Dust and disinfect the surfaces of the bathroom
- Include the ceiling in this clean up. Dust the ceiling and clean any cobwebs.
- Clean the exhaust fans
- Deep clean your sinks and bathtubs
- Change your bathroom curtains, liners and mats
- Clean your dustbins with soap and water
- Scrub the floor with a floor cleaner and everything will be sparkling by the end of the day
#3: How To Quickly Clean Your Bathroom?
Are guests coming over, and you have no time to clean? Here is a list of quick tips on cleaning your bathroom:
- Organise your countertops. They immediately make the space look less cluttered
- Drop in an automatic bowl cleaner to do its job in only about ten minutes
- Unclog your drains as quickly as possible
- Remove the waste and spray on a room-freshener to cover up the stink
- Lastly, mop the floor and remove the mats if they seem to too dirty
#4: How To Clean Shower Doors?
Decide on the shower door cleaning process based on the door material. If you have a fibre door or a wooden door, wipe it with a dry cloth. From time to time, use a hard water remover to remove hard water stains. If you have a glass door, use a vinegar spray mixed with equal parts of water and leave it on the surface for ten minutes. You can let it soak even longer if there is a significant build up. Wash it down with water and wipe it down with a dry cloth.
#5: What Do You Need To Clean Your Bathroom?
When it comes to cleaning the bathroom, there are some essentials you need to keep handy. Here is a brief checklist:
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Glass spray cleaner and all-purpose cleaner
- Cleaning rags and sponges
- Scrubbing brush
- Dustpans, vacuum and mops
- Buckets and dustbins
#6: How Can You Ventilate Your Bathroom?
Ventilation is important in the bathroom. Without ventilation, damp spots can become a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. This is how you can ventilate your bathroom:
- Open the windows: If you have a window in your apartment or home, please open it to let the damp air out.
- Switch on the exhaust: Another way to dry out your bathroom is the exhaust. Simply switch it on before and after using the washroom to let the stink out.
- Open the doors: If you happen not to have an exhaust or a window, the other way left is to leave the door open to let the air out.
Also Read: Housekeeping: 7 Best Natural Bathroom Smell Remover Hacks You Need to Know
With these bathroom cleaning tips, you can easily create a safe and sanitised environment for your home’s inhabitants and guests. If you need professional help to deep-clean your bathroom, click here to check out our service packages.
How Can Livspace Help You?
We hope you found our ideas useful! If you want beautiful interiors for your home, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today. Have any thoughts or suggestions you’d like to share with us? We’d love to hear you out. Write to us at email@example.com.
Which Is the Best Professional Service for Bathroom Cleaning?
You need a professional service to deep-clean your bathroom. Livspace deep clean services offer a wide selection of packages you can avail.
How Do I Deep Clean My Dirty Bathroom?
You can call a professional to deep clean your dirty bathroom.
How Do I Stop My Bathroom From Smelling?
Routinely cleaning your bathroom can help with bathroom odour. However, if you need an immediate solution, throw the rubbish away, spray a room freshener and light a scented candle.
What Is the Easiest Way To Clean a Bathroom?
Wiping down surfaces and using a disinfectant is the easiest way to clean the washrooms.
Is Bleach the Best Bathroom Cleaner?
Yes, bleach is quite an effective agent for bathroom cleaning. It works well on non-porous surfaces.