In This Article
- 1. Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Decoration With Flowers
- 2. Ganpati Decoration Ideas Without Using Thermocol
- 3. Eco-friendly Ganpati Decoration Ideas for Your Home
- 4. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Paper Flowers
- 5. Ganpati Lighting Decoration Ideas for Your Home
- 6. Thermocol Ganpati Decoration Ideas for Your Home
- 7. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Paper Palms
- 8. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Marigolds and Bells
- 9. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Peacock Feathers
- 10. Ganpati Decoration With Cardboard Temple
- 11. Ganpati Mandap Decoration With Flowers
- 12. Coloured Paper Fan Backdrop Decoration
- 13. Ganesh Decoration With Marigold Garlands
- 14. Backdrop Decoration With Kites
- 15. Ganpati Stage Decoration With Lights
- 16. Homemade Ganpati Decoration Ideas
- 17. Elegant Ganpati Decoration for Your Home
- 18. Ganpati Decoration With a Hanging Canopy Theme
- 19. Elaborate Rangoli Using Flowers
- 20. Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Decor Ideas With Hanging Diyas
- More Ganpati Decoration Ideas for Your Home
- Follow These Vastu Tips for Ganpati Murti Placement at Home
- How Can Livspace Help You?
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 is fast approaching and we hope that you have cleaned and readied your home to welcome Bappa. What’s that we hear? You are still looking for Ganpati decoration ideas and need some inspiration? Your prayers have been answered!
If you love getting together with friends and family and doing the Ganpati mandap decoration by yourself, we have some amazing ideas that you can use. Follow along as we list easy-to-do Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 decor tips, some straight from the homes of Bollywood celebs! And don’t forget to read the vastu tips for placing Ganesha that we have shared at the end.
Jor se bolo pyar se bolo Ganpati Bappa Morya! Now, let’s begin!
1. Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Decoration With Flowers
Flowers can offer a lot of versatility to create a simple as well as elaborate Ganpati flower decoration. Although you can mix and match different types of flowers, you can also stick to using a single variety, such as roses, in various colours for your mandap.
Take a look at Madhuri Dixit’s creative Ganpati decoration at her home. It is simple, beautiful and elegant, just like her! The white and pink flowers with baby pink drapes and soft lights give it a calming aura.
2. Ganpati Decoration Ideas Without Using Thermocol
Want to have Ganesh decoration at home but don’t wish to use thermocol? Flowers and leaves are all-time favourites, but you can opt for innovative Ganpati decoration ideas for your home with more eco-friendly materials. Some great alternatives are cardboard, paper, glass, metal, wood and foam boards.
For example, check out Sonu Sood’s Ganpati background decoration at his home. Although there is no use of thermocol, the decor still looks stunning. Shades of white, yellow and green are accentuated here with diyas, traditional glass hangings and focus lights.
3. Eco-friendly Ganpati Decoration Ideas for Your Home
Using eco-friendly Ganpati decoration ideas at home is probably one of the best ways to pay your respect to this gentle God of wisdom. Thankfully, you will find plenty of such Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 decoration materials for the mandap and background in the market, e.g., cardboard, paper and flowers. Also, if you have the budget, you can choose to go for wooden decor.
We like Sonali Bendre’s green take on Ganpati decoration. The flower canopy is indeed a fitting tribute to Vinayaka (the lord of all beings). But we absolutely love how even the table cloth and shawl are made from banana leaves!
While it is important to use eco-friendly Ganesh decoration at home, it is even more critical that you get a Bappa made from sustainable or recycled materials. Ganesh idols made from biodegradable materials such as natural fibres, clay and paper can be safely immersed in water and do not cause any pollution.
4. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Paper Flowers
If you love simple Ganpati flower decorations but avoid using it as real flowers decompose pretty quickly, you might want to consider paper flowers. These are not only eco-friendly, but you can also re-use them the next year, making it one of the best Ganpati decoration ideas with flowers!
5. Ganpati Lighting Decoration Ideas for Your Home
Even the simplest Ganesh mandap decoration can look great with the addition of some lights. String, fairy and focus lights, and also diyas, add warmth and a heavenly aura to the decor. Twirl some fairy lights around your flower decoration and see how they enhance its beauty!
6. Thermocol Ganpati Decoration Ideas for Your Home
Thermocol is not an eco-friendly material and hence it is best to avoid using it. But if you don’t have the time to create an eco-friendly Ganpati decoration for your home, you can get thermocol designs instead. Intricate options such as temples, thrones, forts and palaces are readily available in the market. Just make sure that you discard it responsibly later.
7. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Paper Palms
Palm tree leaves create a lovely backdrop for a flower-based Ganpati decoration at your home. Shilpa Shetty shows how you can nail this decor idea. The flower canopy steals the show in this Ganesh Chaturthi decoration at her home. But the feathered palm leaves certainly add to its charming simplicity. You can recreate this look with paper palms, too.
8. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Marigolds and Bells
Bhumi Pednekar’s Ganpati background decoration adds a fresh spin on marigold garlands by tying traditional bells at the end. Brass bells look especially great with saffron or yellow marigolds. You can also tie cloth parrots, beads, glass lamps and similar other decorations to the flowers.
9. Ganpati Decoration Ideas With Peacock Feathers
The peacock and its feathers hold a significant importance in Hinduism. The feathers, especially, are believed to bring in peace and prosperity in the house. In fact, the peacock is the vehicle of one of the incarnations of Ganesha, Lord Mayureshwara. That is why its feathers are a great addition to the Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 decoration at your home.
10. Ganpati Decoration With Cardboard Temple
You can finally put all the Amazon cardboard delivery boxes at your home to good use! Colour print a temple design and paste it on cardboard cutouts to get a simple Ganpati decoration at home. You can also deck up the temple with beads, paper and flowers. In addition, add in some string lights to enhance the effect.
11. Ganpati Mandap Decoration With Flowers
Whether you have a large or small mandap area, flowers are always a good choice to decorate it. For larger spaces, add an elaborate chandelier along with some drapes for a royal look.
Don’t like too many colours in your flower decoration? Then keep it simple by only using two or three shades of flowers. Look how Arpita Khan has creatively used pink and white roses in different patterns to create a stunning design for her home.
12. Coloured Paper Fan Backdrop Decoration
Place multiple, colourful paper fans in the background for an easy and simple Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 decoration at your home. You can also embellish the fans with crystal beads and fairy lights to enhance the look.
If you don’t find paper fans, you can use banana leaves instead. Shilpa Shetty shows you how that can be done.
As per folklore in West Bengal, Goddess Durga was worried that Ganpati’s wife may not give her enough food after he gets married. So, Ganpati married a banana tree. He wanted to show his mother that he cared for her and will always fulfil his duties as a son. The ritual is still celebrated in West Bengal during Durga Puja where devotees turn a banana tree into a beautiful bride called “Kola Bou”.
13. Ganesh Decoration With Marigold Garlands
Perhaps no other flower denotes festivity in India quite like a marigold. Its bright yellow and saffron hues represent the Sun and symbolise auspiciousness, goodness, renunciation and positivity. Hence, you will find that many Ganpati flower decoration ideas feature marigolds.
You can use white, yellow and saffron coloured marigold garlands in your entire decoration. Alternatively, you can also use a few garlands to decorate just the table or as the backdrop. Don’t forget to tie a marigold and mango leaf garland outside the front door as it wards off negativity.
14. Backdrop Decoration With Kites
One of the popular Ganpati decoration ideas for your home is using kites as a backdrop. Just like paper fans, you can also use multiple colours and prints here to create a simple yet stunning backdrop.
15. Ganpati Stage Decoration With Lights
Ganpati decoration ideas are incomplete without lights! String, chandelier, fairy, pendant and focus lights, diyas and LED strips are the different kinds of lights you can use to enhance your decor. Yellow or multi-coloured lights can also be used throughout your home during Ganesh Chaturthi. Both create a beautiful ambience in your home.
16. Homemade Ganpati Decoration Ideas
Nothing quite beats the beauty and charm of homemade Ganpati decor. Take a cue from Rajkummar Rao’s Ganesh decoration idea. In addition to being homemade, it’s also eco-friendly! The clay Ganpati has been adorned with a garland of vibrant marigolds. Not only is this easy to recreate in your home, but you can also use different decorative items like diyas, flowers and lamps.
17. Elegant Ganpati Decoration for Your Home
Ganpati decoration ideas with flowers look both traditional and vibrant. Your choice of flowers will depend on the look you want to create. For instance, if elegance is the look you want to go for, then opt for white flowers like Dia Mirza Rekhi’s Ganesh Chaturthi decoration at home. Mix them up with some baby’s-breath and colourful roses.
18. Ganpati Decoration With a Hanging Canopy Theme
When it comes to Ganpati background decoration, a floral canopy is a magical choice! And if you are looking for ideas, look at Disha Parmar and Rahul Vaidya’s Ganesh decoration. Keep your idol and the space around it minimal and clutter-free. You can opt for a colourful floral canopy as decor. Don’t forget to add some fairy lights!
19. Elaborate Rangoli Using Flowers
Indian festivals are incomplete without a beautiful rangoli. And if you are looking for options that are easy to create, maintain and clean, then a floral rangoli is the best choice. Keep it simple, or display your skills with something elaborate and striking.
20. Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Decor Ideas With Hanging Diyas
Believe it or not, Ganpati decoration can also be minimal! Opt for simple diyas to light up your pooja space. Additionally, hanging ornate diyas can elevate the look while simultaneously keeping it simple. Finally, if you want to add flowers, you can choose smaller flowers instead of marigolds.
More Ganpati Decoration Ideas for Your Home
Check out a few more Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 decoration ideas from your favourite Bollywood celebs:
Additional Ganpati decoration ideas for your home:
Follow These Vastu Tips for Ganpati Murti Placement at Home
While it is great to have a beautiful Ganpati decoration for your home, it is also important to follow these vastu tips for Ganpati murti placement at home:
- Always place the Ganesh idol on an elevated wooden plank at the centre of the decor
- Make sure that the space where you place the idol is clutter-free
- The best direction to install the idol is the north-east corner of your home. If that is not possible, you can place it in the east or west direction but never in the south
- The back of the idol should face an exterior wall as the back stands for poverty. This ushers in happiness and prosperity in the home
- The idol should not be placed near a bathroom, inside a bedroom or under a staircase. It also can’t be placed facing a bathroom
- Try and include flowers in your Ganpati decoration as it helps usher positivity in the home. Place kalash with rice, turmeric, kumkum, sandalwood, diyas, incense sticks and modaks at the shrine
- White Ganpati idols are ideal as they bless the family with health, happiness and prosperity. Additionally, the idol’s trunk should be straight or up in the air or curve towards the left. The idol must include the mooshak, Bappa’s vehicle, and his favourite sweet, the modak
Now that you have some great Ganpati murti placement and decoration tips, have fun decking up your home. Happy Ganesh Chaturthi 2023!
Check out pooja room designs:
How Can Livspace Help You?
- Our expert team can help you design your dream interiors
- Our materials come with 146 quality checks
- We have delivered over 50,000+ happy homes
We hope you found our Ganpati decoration ideas useful! If you want beautiful interiors for your home, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today. If you have any thoughts and suggestions you would like to share with us, we are all ears! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.