In This Article
- 1. How Do You Know That It Is an East-Facing House?
- 2. Are East-Facing Houses Considered to be Lucky?
- 3. What Is the East-Facing Vastu Plan for a House?
- 4. What’s the Best Direction for the Main Door of an East-Facing House?
- 5. Where Should the Kitchen Be in an East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
- 6. What Is the Best Direction for the Bedroom in an East-Facing House Plan?
- 7. Looking for Pooja Room Vastu for East-Facing House?
- 8. In Which Direction Should the Bathroom Be in an East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
- 9. What Colours Are the Best for an East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
- 10. Who Should Be Staying in East-Facing Homes?
- 11. Some Dos and Don’ts
- How Can Livspace Help You?
Vastu Shastra can play a major role when it comes to buying houses in India. In fact, a lot of homeowners spend more to get their home interiors vastu compliant. An east-facing house is considered auspicious as is. But, how do you determine if you have an east-facing house plan? Having an east-facing house vastu plan means that you face the east as you leave the house. Now, if you want vastu tips for east-facing house to make it even more favourable, read on.
Here are some ways you can make your east-facing house vastu compliant, and some great vastu tips for home that bring in good luck.
1. How Do You Know That It Is an East-Facing House?
The answer is simple. You have an east-facing flat vastu design if you face east as you leave the house. An east-facing home is preferable not just according to vastu but also scientifically. The morning sunlight penetrates the home as the sun rises in the east, illuminating the interior spaces with light, fresh air, and positivity. And it’s a widely held concept that positive energy and surroundings help you succeed.
2. Are East-Facing Houses Considered to be Lucky?
There are innumerable east-facing house vastu benefits. You’re more likely to have wealth and prosperity in abundance if your home faces the east. Because they receive more natural light in the form of sunlight, which is a source of positive energy, east-facing homes are more vastu compliant than houses that face other directions. According to east-facing home vastu, the house should ideally also have some open space outdoors because this ensures progress in life.
3. What Is the East-Facing Vastu Plan for a House?
There are a few suggestions from the vastu experts about planning your home according to vastu for east-facing houses. Vastu recommends placing the living room on the north-east side of the home since this side is lucky. The kitchen should be in the north-west or south-east of the home, the pooja room in the north-east, the balcony in the east, etc. The staircase vastu for east-facing house suggests that stairs should either be placed in the west or the south.
We’ve included a few home vastu tips on how to plan each room of your house to bring in good luck in the further segments.
4. What’s the Best Direction for the Main Door of an East-Facing House?
Let’s start from the very basics: the front door. As per the east-facing house vastu plan, you have to make sure that your front door is exactly placed in the centre. If your front door is in the northeast corner, make sure you leave a 6-inch gap between the wall and the main door.
Avoid placing your main door in a southeast facing direction. Although, if it is unavoidable, you can place the vastu pyramid on each side of the door and one in the middle on top of the main door. Similarly, you can also use a Swastika sign, a Trishul or an Om symbol in the same positions to eliminate the negative energy that accumulates due to this door placement. Additionally, there should be no object such as a pole or a tree overshadowing the entrance of your house.
5. Where Should the Kitchen Be in an East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
Kitchen vastu for east-facing house suggests that the kitchen should be in the southeast direction of the house. Similarly, while cooking, you should be facing the east direction in the kitchen.
Another favourable position that tends to be compatible with vastu is a northwest-facing kitchen. You’ll then have to face the west in a northwest-facing kitchen. In that case, the placement of the cooking stoves, toasters and oven should be in the southeast-facing area.
This is believed to invite positive energy into your home. An east-facing house vastu plan also states that the storage units and refrigerators should face the southwest direction.
6. What Is the Best Direction for the Bedroom in an East-Facing House Plan?
The bedroom in an east-facing house vastu plan should face the southwest direction. Your master bedroom should be larger than the other rooms in the house. The bed should be placed towards the south or west walls in the room. You must ensure that your legs are in the north or east direction while your head is in the south or west direction when you’re on the bed.
Always avoid hanging a mirror or any reflective surface directly in front of your bed. The bathroom inside the master bedroom should face the bed directly and the door must always remain closed.
7. Looking for Pooja Room Vastu for East-Facing House?
For an east-facing house vastu plan with pooja room, one has to ensure that the ceiling in this room is lower than the other rooms. The pooja room must face the northeast direction, and there cannot be a bathroom adjacent to this room.
According to the east-facing house plans with pooja room, the northeast direction is very auspicious. And, as this is a sacred space, you must not make any alterations or adjustments when it comes to vastu best practices in this room.
8. In Which Direction Should the Bathroom Be in an East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
The bathroom in an east-facing house vastu plan should be in the southeast or northwest corner. To reiterate, ensure that the bathroom is not adjacent to the pooja room. No toilets can be in the northeast direction in an east-facing house plan.
Here is a summary of room placements according to the east-facing house vastu plan:
|Room||Placement in East-Facing House Vastu Plan|
|Pooja Room||North-east direction|
|Bathroom||South-east or North-west corner|
9. What Colours Are the Best for an East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
Besides taking into account the directions and room placements, we have some vastu tips related to décor and interiors. An east-facing house vastu plan should receive ample sunlight in the morning. Plus, the colour of your home should be in the hues of green or blue. These shades are recommended in an east-facing house vastu plan as they utilise the natural as well as artificial light in the house. These colours also keep the look and feel of the house calm and cool.
10. Who Should Be Staying in East-Facing Homes?
As per vastu, the east direction represents air, creativity, power and elegance. Hence, east-facing houses are popularly said to be good for creative professionals such as musicians, dancers and artists, or people who have businesses and work with the government.
11. Some Dos and Don’ts
- For a house that has the main door facing east, a wooden nameplate works best
- Keeping a crystal globe in the northeast zone of the house is considered auspicious for students in the house
- If your plot is attached to your property in the northern direction, it is considered to bring luck and prosperity
- You should have the northeast of the house heavily packed
- You should not place stairs in the northeast direction
- Do not plant trees in the north or east direction
- If your plot slopes from the north to the south, it is best to not buy it
- There should be no septic tanks in the northeast corner of the house
Want more expert tips on Vastu? Read Have a North-facing House? Here’s How You Can Improve Its Vastu!
How Can Livspace Help You?
If you also want east-facing house design as per vastu, or any other design, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today. Have any thoughts or suggestions you’d like to share with us? We’d love to hear you out. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Is East-Facing House Good as per Vastu?
According to Vastu Shastra, it is best if a home or apartment faces the east. From a scientific perspective, the Sun rises in the east and those who live in east-facing homes receive the morning sunlight which has numerous health benefits.
2. What Is East-Facing House Vastu Plan?
According to vastu shastra for east-facing house, the living room should preferably be on the north-east side, kitchen in the north-west or south-east, pooja room in the north-east, the stairway in the west or south, and the balcony in the east of the home.
3. Is East-Facing House According to Vastu Good?
Yes, east-facing house brings in good health and wealth. It receives the first sunlight which brings positivity too.
4. How Do You Build an East-Facing House?
To build an east-facing house, make sure you face east as you leave the house.