In This Article
- 1. Which Directions Are Ideal for Your House Entrance As per Vastu?
- 2. Vastu for Home Entrance: Dos and Don’ts
- 3. Why Is It Important to Follow Vastu Directions for Your Home’s Entrance?
- 4. Vastu Tips for Your Home’s Entrance
- 7. Main Door Design Tips to Follow for Better House Entrance Vastu
- 6. What Should Be Placed in Front of Your Main Door?
- 5. Additional Things to Consider
- The Final Verdict
- How Can Livspace Help You?
Just as your main door acts as the entryway of your home, it also forms the entry point for energy. In fact, almost all the energy that enters your home comes in through the entrance or main door. And by using Vastu Shastra, you can harness the positive energy present in the environment and improve the vastu of your home. This is why perfecting vastu for home entrances is paramount.
So, how about we invite some positivity into your home with some vastu tips for your home entrance? Let’s get into everything you need to know to optimise the entrance of your house as per vastu.
1. Which Directions Are Ideal for Your House Entrance As per Vastu?
When you design your home, you might think about which direction is good for your house entrance as per vastu and whether the direction of the main door matters. Well, you can skip the guesswork and simply use these points to nail the Vastu Shastra for your home entrance:
- North-east: This is the best direction to place your house entrance. The north-east corner is the most auspicious due to its exposure to the morning sun
- North: The second-best location is the north for your house’s entry point, as per vastu. While energy levels are high, this direction also brings fortune to the residents
- East: The east is the ideal direction to pick if you’re looking for power and luck. Place your flat’s entrance as close as possible to the north side of the wall for better vastu
- South-east: The south direction is considered inauspicious for the entrance of flats, and should be avoided. If your options are limited, make sure to go with a south-east entrance direction for better vastu
- North-west: West-facing entrances bring in plenty of evening sun as well as wealth. If you have an entrance built on the west side of the home, ensure that it’s in the north-west direction to improve the vastu for your house entrance
Source: Vastu Shastra Guru
2. Vastu for Home Entrance: Dos and Don’ts
While this isn’t an exhaustive list, here are some best practices you can follow to improve the vastu for your home entrance.
|Ensure that the home is not at |
ground level by constructing
a few steps at the entrance
|Avoid aligning your main door |
with another home’s entrance.
If this happens, draw a swastika
with red turmeric powder on your
door to fix this dosha
|It’s ideal to use high-quality wood |
for the main door
|Don’t obstruct the main entrance |
with plants, furniture, and other decor
|Adding a stone or a wooden |
threshold can prevent the loss
|Avoid placing a septic tank near |
|A clear and simple nameplate |
that’s easy to read can attract
|Do not keep a shoe rack or shoes |
in front of the main entrance
|Always make sure the door doesn’t |
have dents and scratches
|Don’t opt for a circular or a sliding |
3. Why Is It Important to Follow Vastu Directions for Your Home’s Entrance?
It’s important to follow the right vastu direction for your home’s entrance, as this is the entry point of your space. How you design the entrance will directly dictate the kind of energy you bring into your home.
By leveraging auspicious vastu directions, you can attract positive energy into your home. Position your entrance in the north-east direction for the best results.
Here are two other common questions you might want answers to when it comes to planning the vastu for your home entrance:
Q1: How Do You Check the Vastu for Your Home Entrance?
A: Use a compass to find the direction of your room. The
direction your room faces is based on where the needle points
to when you’re by the entrance.
Q2: Which Direction Is Bad for Home Entrance Vastu?
A: South-facing directions are not ideal for your home’s
entrance, so avoid placing them in the south, south-east, or
4. Vastu Tips for Your Home’s Entrance
Now that you know the basics about vastu for home entrances, let’s look at some other important tips.
1. Nameplate Vastu for the Entrance of Flats
A nameplate is one of the elements that separates a house from a home. It not only personalises your space, but also adds to the positive intent behind your vastu efforts.
So, be sure to strengthen the vastu of your home entrance by using a nameplate to focus these positive energies on the well-being of your family.
2. Wooden Accents for Better Home Entrance Vastu
Wood is considered to be the most auspicious material to use for the vastu of your home entrance. In fact, if your house entrance is not facing the best directions (south and south-west are considered taboo), then using wood and metal in your door can help correct this dosha.
3. Use a Threshold to Improve the Vastu Shastra for Your Home Entrance
Every home should have a raised threshold outside the main entrance. But why is this necessary? According to vastu principles for home entrances, a slightly raised threshold acts as a barrier against negative energies. This ensures that they bounce away from the entrance itself.
4. Reflect Prosperity Into Your Home With Mirrors
Mirrors are double-edged swords in terms of vastu; they reflect energy, be it good or bad. A mirror must never be placed directly opposite the main entrance, as you don’t want to reflect away good energy.
However, for the sake of improving the vastu for your home entrance, it’s advisable to place a mirror at a right angle to the door. This allows the mirror to reflect positivity into the house.
5. Avoid Placing Doors in the Corners of Your Entryway
According to the principles of vastu for home entrances, the main door of a house should never be placed exactly in the corner of a room. This is also applicable from a design perspective, as access may become difficult if the entrance is in a corner.
Additionally, you might find it hard to place items inside your space if the door occupies a corner. Improve the vastu for your home entrance by keeping your corners empty to promote wellness and easy accessibility.
6. Create a Well-Lit Space for Better Home Entrance Vastu
Poor lighting has an off-putting effect on people, fostering an environment for brewing negative energies. To avoid this, the entrance of your home should be brightly lit, preferably with warm lights, to exude warmth and happiness.
7. Plants Are Great for Increasing Luck
Beauty attracts positivity and if that beauty happens to be natural, then there’s nothing like it! As per Vastu Shastra, Zen, and Feng Shui philosophies, greenery is synonymous with wellness and harmony.
Keeping plants, vines, and succulents inside and outside the main door is a great way to establish peace within your walls. However, avoid thorny plants or cacti, as they aren’t ideal for vastu.
8. Build a Passageway in Your Foyer to Help Double the Prosperity
The principles of vastu for home entrances dictate that an ideal home should begin with a narrow passage and then open up into a wider space. Hence, homes with a foyer are considered more auspicious. You can also design and decorate your foyer with mirrors, plants, and lights to further this effect.
7. Main Door Design Tips to Follow for Better House Entrance Vastu
Keep these simple points in mind while designing your main door to make it vastu-compliant.
- Your main door should face either the north, north-east, east, or west directions
- Avoid aligning your other doors with your main door
- Your main door should be the biggest door in the house
- Choose wood as your primary main door material
- Use soft colours for your door instead of loud or bold colours
- Get a wooden nameplate for your main door
6. What Should Be Placed in Front of Your Main Door?
- A nameplate
- Potted plants
- A few steps to increase the height from ground level
- A threshold
5. Additional Things to Consider
Here are a few bonus tips to help you perfect the vastu for your home’s entrance.
1. Which God Should You Place by Your Home’s Entrance?
Wondering which god’s photo to keep at the entrance to create a positive environment? As per vastu, you should keep idols and photos of Ganesha and Lakshmi at the entrance of your home to welcome good luck, wealth, and prosperity.
Remember to light candles, diyas, and incense sticks in front of the idols you place at the entrance. You can also place flowers in bowls of water for a pleasant aroma and tranquil ambience.
2. Which Side Should the Main Door Open Out to?
The primary thing you need to consider for better vastu for your home entrance is the direction in which the main door faces. Ideally, your main entrance should face the north, east, or north-east direction. As long as the direction is correct, the side from where the main door opens is not relevant.
3. What Plants Should You Keep at Your Entrance?
Money plants are said to attract wealth and well-being into your space. You can further invite luck and positivity into your home by placing them by the entrance.
4. Where Should You Place Your Doormats?
A doormat might seem like a functional accessory for a home, but it’s much more than that. When you dust your feet on the doormat before entering, you are leaving all the negative energy outside along with the dirt. So, be sure to keep one handy!
5. Should You Keep a Dustbin in Your Entryway?
Avoid keeping a dustbin in your entryway as it may attract bad luck and clutter the space. Cleanliness and decluttered spaces are vital to promoting good vastu for both your home and entrance, so be sure to keep trash away from the entrance.
The Final Verdict
It may not be practical or possible to follow all the vastu tips for house entrances if you don’t already live in a vastu-compliant home. However, certain corrective measures are always within your reach.
You can get started by keeping the hinges of the main door oiled so that they don’t creak, and place a water body in front of your home to absorb all the negative energy. Apart from these fixes, consider consulting a designer to renovate your space and make it vastu-compliant.
Check out some vastu tips for your pooja room:
How Can Livspace Help You?
We hope you found these vastu tips for the home entrance useful! If you’re ready to get started on your home interiors journey with the best of vastu-compliant design, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today to get the home of your dreams, perfected with 146 quality checks.
Disclaimer: All contents of the story are specific to the time of publication. Mentions of costs, budget, materials, finishes, and products from the Livspace catalogue can vary with reference to current rates. Talk to our designer for more details on pricing and availability.
Modular Kitchen Designs | Wardrobe Designs | Bathroom Designs | Master Bedroom Designs | Living Room Designs | Pooja Room Designs | TV Unit Designs | False Ceiling Designs | Kids Bedroom Designs | Balcony Designs | Dining Room Designs | Foyer Designs | Guest Bedroom Designs | Window Designs | Flooring Designs | Wall Decor Designs | Wall Paint Designs | Home Wallpaper Designs | Tile Designs | Kitchen Cabinet | Home Office & Study Room | Home Interior Designs
Interior Designer Bangalore | Interior Designer Mumbai | Interior Designer Pune | Interior Designer Chennai | Interior Designer Hyderabad | Interior Designer Gurgaon | Interior Designer Delhi | Interior Designer Ahmedabad | Interior Designer Vadodara | Interior Designer Kolkata | Interior Designer Thane | Interior Designer Navi Mumbai | Interior Designer Coimbatore | Interior Designer Lucknow | Interior Designer Patna | Interior Designer Nagpur | Interior Designer Chandigarh
2 BHK Interior Design | 3 BHK Interior Design | 1 BHK Interior Design | Interior Design Cost In India | Painting Cost Per Square Foot | False Ceiling Cost | Bathroom Renovation | Sofa Design Ideas | POP Design for Hall | House Paint Colours | Main Door Design | Granite Countertops | Vastu For Home | Cool Wallpapers | Types of Kitchen Layout | Types of Flooring | What Is Plywood | Pooja Room Vastu | South Facing House Vastu | Which Plants Are Good for Home Vastu | Vastu Tips for Home