In This Article
- Main Door Opening Direction Tip #1: The Door Should Face North, Northeast, East or West
- Main Door Vastu Tip #2: No Other Doors in Line With the Main Door
- Main Door Size As per Vastu Tip #3: Main Door Should Be the Biggest
- Main Door Vastu Tip #4: Prefer Wood
- Main Door Colour As per Vastu Tip #5: Go for Soft Colours
- Steps in Front of Main Door Vastu Tip #6: Choose an Odd Number
- Main Door Vastu Tip #7: Go for Potted Green Plants
- Main Door As per Vastu Tip #8: Get a Wooden Nameplate
- Remedies for Main Door Doshas
- Vastu Tips for Main Door Locks and Keys
- Main Door Design
- A Few Last Tips
- How Can Livspace Help You?
It is said that energy, like people, enters your home through the main door, which is why main door vastu is essential. An entryway designed to follow the principles of vastu can facilitate the movement of good energy, and bring prosperity into your home.
Vastu considers the elements of nature with man and material to postulate a set of guidelines for home design. Here are some main door vastu tips to help you maintain the good flow of energy and prosperity in your home.
Main Door Opening Direction Tip #1: The Door Should Face North, Northeast, East or West
According to main door opening rules as per vastu, the entrance should ideally face the north, northeast, east or west, as these facilitate prosperity. If you have to place the main entrance facing the south, place a vastu pyramid for your main door or helix. This will help to correct any main door vastu dosha you might have.
Additionally, if your main door opening is anticlockwise, that’s a vastu defect. According to main door vastu principles, it should always open inwards in the clockwise direction. However, some people come to us with a concern ‘should doors open left or right as per vastu?’, we’ll say it’s up to you as there are no strict rules for it, and it totally depends on the hinges.
Also Read: 5 Expert Tips on How to Perfect Your Window and Door Vastu
Main Door Vastu Tip #2: No Other Doors in Line With the Main Door
According to vastu tips for main door, make sure that the entrance is not in line with any other door, such as the main gate. This not only prevents any shadows from falling on the entrance door, but also keeps bad energy and dust out. Note that there should be no bathrooms nearby as per main door vastu guidelines.
Main Door Size As per Vastu Tip #3: Main Door Should Be the Biggest
The main door size as per vastu needs to be the biggest in the house. In addition, it is even better if the main door comes in two parts rather than one big unit. Ensure the doorway is well-spaced and away from corners, as per home entrance vastu principles.
Main Door Vastu Tip #4: Prefer Wood
Wood is considered auspicious as far as materials go. Although it is recommended that you keep away from metals, if you have a liking for metal, you can adorn the wooden door with metal accessories. So, your main door design as per vastu must definitely contain wood as a material for bringing in prosperity.
Main Door Colour As per Vastu Tip #5: Go for Soft Colours
Your main door colour as per vastu should be soft such as light yellow, beige or earthy shades such as wood. Stay away from bright colours like red or orange.
Also Read: 7 Vastu Tips to Bring Home Good Luck
Steps in Front of Main Door Vastu Tip #6: Choose an Odd Number
Wondering how many steps you should have in front of the main door as per vastu? Vastu Shastra rules say that an odd number of steps bring good fortune. So try to keep the steps to an odd number as it is supposed to bring success to your home.
Main Door Vastu Tip #7: Go for Potted Green Plants
According to vastu for the main door, it is best not to place any mirror opposite the entrance as it causes energy to bounce back. Also, make sure the entrance is well lit. Additionally, for a space that exudes positivity, decorate the space with potted plants.
Main Door As per Vastu Tip #8: Get a Wooden Nameplate
Apart from the main door entrance design, you also need to look at the accessories that you can use to decorate the entrance. A nameplate is believed to direct the flow of cosmic energy into your house. Therefore, for positivity, get a wooden nameplate with embossed or inscribed details.
Remedies for Main Door Doshas
Apart from the above tips, here are some remedies that you can implement to remove main door doshas:
- If your door opens anti-clockwise, place a vastu pyramid for main door
- No two main doors should face each other. If your entrance faces the main door of another home, draw a swastika with red kumkum on your door
- If your kitchen faces the entrance, hang a small crystal ball between the two spaces
Vastu Tips for Main Door Locks and Keys
Apart from the main door design, colour and opening, you also need to follow vastu principles for your entrance lock and key. To ensure that there is no obstruction to the flow of positive energies into your home, the lock should function smoothly. Here are some other tips you should remember:
- Use a copper lock for an east-facing main door
- Use an iron lock for a west-facing main door
- For a north-facing main door, choose a brass lock
- Choose a lock made of five metals called “panch dhatu” for a south-facing main door
- If you have metal keys, opt for a wooden keychain
- For your keychain, choose auspicious symbols like elephants instead of something negative like knives
- Keys should never be placed on a shoe rack. Always keep them properly on a keystand
Main Door Design
After reading the above points, you’re sure to know how to implement vastu principles into your main door design. Along with vastu, don’t forget to make your entrance aesthetically pleasing. Remember, the first impression is the last impression (or definitely, one of the most important ones)! Ensure your entryway is bright and well-lit. Opting for a wood door can create a cosy vibe, while wallpapers can elevate the look.
A Few Last Tips
Main entrance Vastu Shastra discourages the use of water-centric elements and animal figurines in the entrance. If you have concerns about the main door opening clockwise or anticlockwise, then we recommend choosing clockwise as your preferred direction.
We hope these guidelines help you in designing your dream home and usher in bundles of good fortune. If you found this useful, also explore 9 easy vastu tips to set up your kitchen.
How Can Livspace Help You?
We hope you found our ideas useful! If you want beautiful interiors for your home, then look no further. Book an online consultation with Livspace today. Have any thoughts or suggestions you’d like to share with us? We’re all ears! Drop us a line at email@example.com.
To know how our customers feel about working with us, check out these Livspace reviews for more details!
1. Which Is the Best Main Door Direction As per Vastu?
According to Vastu Shastra, northeast is the best direction for your entrance.
2. Which Colour Should I Use on the Main Door As per Vastu?
Choose soft colours like pastels, light yellow, beige or earthy tones.
3. Can the Main Entrance of a House Be in the Southeast Direction?
It’s best to avoid placing your main entrance in the southeast direction. Instead, choose north, northeast, east or west.
4. What Are Some Vastu Remedies for Main Door Doshas?
Here are some remedies for entrance vastu doshas you can try:
- Place a pyramid on a door that opens anti-clockwise
- Paint a swastika with kumkum if your main door faces another flat’s main door
- Place a crystal ball between the kitchen and entrance
Disclaimer: All contents of the story are specific to the time of publication. Mentions of costs, budget, materials, finishes, and products from the Livspace catalogue can vary with reference to current rates. Talk to our designer for more details on pricing and availability.