In This Article
- How Much Does an Interior Designer Charge for 1BHK, 2BHK and 3BHK?
- Room-Wise Interior Design Costs: An Overview
- What Factors Can Influence Interior Designer Cost?
- What Your External Contractor Won’t Tell You
- What Sets Livspace Apart From Other External Contractors
- How Do Interior Design Costs Differ Based on Location?
- How Can Livspace Help You?
When you are ready to create a space that’s stylish and comfortable, many people turn to professional interior designers. But hiring one obviously comes with a cost. Whether you are planning a major home renovation or a minor one, understanding the cost of hiring an interior designer is essential in order to budget right.
At Livspace, we want to help you demystify the interior design journey from start to finish. To do so, we have created this guide that breaks down what you can expect to pay when you hire an interior designer, what factors come into play and why seeking the right professional help is worth the investment.
How Much Does an Interior Designer Charge for 1BHK, 2BHK and 3BHK?
At Livspace, interior designer charges aren’t levied separately: they are included within the total interior designing charges for your home.
Hence, to reiterate, here are the interior design costs for 1BHK, 2BHK and 3BHK:
|Sq. Ft. Range
|Interior Design Cost
|400 – 600 sq. ft.
|₹5 lakhs – ₹8 lakhs
|600 – 800 sq. ft.
|₹7 lakhs – ₹15 lakhs
|750 – 1400 sq. ft.
|₹9 lakhs – ₹25 lakhs
*These Livspace interior design costs per square foot are for reference only; exact costs might differ according to the nature of your requirements, size of home and location. Talk to our designer to get a free quote today.
Room-Wise Interior Design Costs: An Overview
When designing your home, it might be useful to get a room-wise interior design cost breakdown that helps you understand all that’s included and what price to expect. Although there are no separate interior designer fees at Livspace, this breakdown can help you gauge how much it can cost you to design each room and what’s involved in the scope of work.
For this case study, we have considered a 3BHK with a total sq. ft. range of approximately 750–1400 sq. ft. and given you the cost breakdown for each room. Even if you have a 1BHK or a 2BHK, this will help you get the room-wise interior charges for each room:
|Total Interior Cost Range
|Scope of Work
|₹1.8 lakhs – ₹4.5 lakhs
|₹2.5 lakhs – ₹5 lakhs
unit, storage unit,
|₹2 lakhs – ₹3 lakhs
bed back panelling unit,
false ceiling, electrical
|₹1.5 lakhs – ₹3 lakhs
| Bed, wardrobe,
bed back panelling unit,
false ceiling, electrical
costs (kid’s theme)
|₹1.25 lakhs – ₹2.5 lakhs
|₹30,000 – ₹50,000
Note: These interior design fees in India are an estimate. Your overall interior design costs can vary depending on the city, labour charges, material and finish, design, and the size of your home. Talk to our designer for a free quote today.
What Factors Can Influence Interior Designer Cost?
Interior design is an investment that’s not only worth every penny spent, but also pays off in the long term. However, while you’re on the topic of interior designer charges, let’s take a quick look at all the factors that can influence this cost:
- Scope of Work: This includes the total extent of your project, whether you want to design a part of your home or your full home, inclusive of civil changes
- Size of Home: Interior design cost depends on the total sq. ft. of your home, and the configuration: whether it’s a 1BHK, 2BHK or 3BHK, or a bungalow or a duplex home. Hence, your interior designer costs will also vary accordingly
- Location/City: Interior designer fees in India in Tier 1 cities (Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore) and posh localities are higher than Tier 2 cities (Ahmedabad, Faridabad, Nagpur) and suburbs
- Experience of Designers: Your costs can rise depending on the reputation of your designer: whether they are a celebrity designer or an experienced one. A new designer will usually charge less as compared to a veteran in the industry
- Nature of Your Requirements: If you want unique designs that entail a lot of civil changes, complex planning and use of rare raw materials, your interior designer cost can shoot up than average interior designer fees
What Your External Contractor Won’t Tell You
Your external contractor may not tell you that there will likely be a 45% hike between the first, initial quote you receive and the final price you end up paying. So, you may end up paying for a lot of hidden charges.
In fact, understanding design costs in the market can be a confusing and challenging task, as every interior designer in the market computes their charges differently. So, you might come across interior design costs based on:
- Hourly rates
- Commission on products
- Percentage of total house worth
In all these cases, you are likely to end up paying much more than a Livspace quotation, and that too, not for the best quality work. With that being said, let’s take you through the differences between an external contractor and Livspace.
What Sets Livspace Apart From Other External Contractors
|– No hidden costs
– Easy EMI payments
|– 45% hike between
initial cost and final cost
|– 45-day move-in guarantee*
– Regular updates
|– Unreliable timelines
– No regular updates
|– Personalised design
with 3D renders
|– Cookie cutter visuals
with 2D designs
|– Superior modular products
– 146 quality checks
|– Inferior materials
|– 100% in-house team
to smaller contractors
|– Flat 10-Year Warranty**
|– No warranty
|– Dedicated team
for prompt support
|– No support
Here’s What We At Livspace Do
- We give you branded modular products powered with superior technologies like AquaBloc, AntiBubble and DuraBuild
- Our modular products go through 146 quality checks
- We give you a flat 10-year warranty on modular and semi-modular products
- We are with you every step of the way, even in the post-sales stage
Here’s What We At Livspace Don’t Do
- We don’t charge you hidden costs
- Also, we will not charge you a separate design fee
- We will never compromise on the quality of your dream home
How Do Interior Design Costs Differ Based on Location?
Interior design costs differ based on location: that’s a fact. But have you ever wondered why that’s the case?
The overall cost of living directly influences interior design rate per sq. ft across cities. Cities with a higher cost of living often drive up rates of an interior designer. Regional design trends can impact interior design cost per square foot in India. While materials and finishes can be procured locally at lower costs, sourcing unique materials might come at a premium cost.
Accessibility, transportation and logistics also play a key role in determining how much interior designers can charge in a particular city. Remote or hard-to-reach areas can incur additional costs, and increased demand for interior design in a competitive market can also drive up interior designer fees in India.
Plus, other factors like regulatory requirements can contribute to the interior design rate per square foot. So, depending on the city you are in, the interior designer fees are likely to vary. So, your best bet is to find a reliable and professional interior designer who helps you cut costs while never compromising on quality.
At Livspace, we have precision-engineered products that are tested and tried to stand the test of time. Interested to know more about us? Here’s a sneak peek:
The following videos will tell you more about our technologies:
How Can Livspace Help You?
- You will get personalised designs with 3D renders of the existing floor plan
- In addition to an interior designer, you will also be assigned a project manager who will help you with execution, every step of the way
- You will receive dedicated after-sales support throughout the warranty period
To get your home designed by the best in industry professionals, book a free online consultation with Livspace today.
Disclaimer: All contents of the story are specific to the time of publication. Mentions of costs, budget, materials, finishes, and products from the Livspace catalogue can vary with reference to current rates. Talk to our designer for more details on pricing and availability.
Modular Kitchen Designs | Wardrobe Designs | Bathroom Designs | Master Bedroom Designs | Living Room Designs | Pooja Room Designs | TV Unit Designs | False Ceiling Designs | Kids Bedroom Designs | Balcony Designs | Dining Room Designs | Foyer Designs | Guest Bedroom Designs | Window Designs | Flooring Designs | Wall Decor Designs | Wall Paint Designs | Home Wallpaper Designs | Tile Designs | Kitchen Cabinet | Home Office & Study Room | Home Interior Designs
Interior Designer Bangalore | Interior Designer Mumbai | Interior Designer Pune | Interior Designer Chennai | Interior Designer Hyderabad | Interior Designer Gurgaon | Interior Designer Delhi | Interior Designer Ahmedabad | Interior Designer Vadodara | Interior Designer Kolkata | Interior Designer Thane | Interior Designer Navi Mumbai | Interior Designer Coimbatore | Interior Designer Lucknow | Interior Designer Patna | Interior Designer Nagpur | Interior Designer Chandigarh
2 BHK Interior Design | 3 BHK Interior Design | 1 BHK Interior Design | Interior Design Cost In India | Painting Cost Per Square Foot | False Ceiling Cost | Bathroom Renovation | Sofa Design Ideas | POP Design for Hall | House Paint Colours | Main Door Design | Granite Countertops | Vastu For Home | Cool Wallpapers | Types of Kitchen Layout | Types of Flooring | What Is Plywood | Pooja Room Vastu | South Facing House Vastu | Which Plants Are Good for Home Vastu | Vastu Tips for Home